All reviews beautiful hotel sant carles lovely promenade the ground floor little gem first floor rooms are extremely suite room top tip dressing area facilities are excellent pool area last visit few times balcony sea restaurant
Selected filters
Reviewed April 5, 2019

I have stayed in this hotel twice and had a really good experience the first time, but a disappointing experience the second time (see below): if this had been based on my first stay, I would have given a five-star rating.

I have stayed in both the suite room and a superior double. The suite is quite expensive but is worth it for a special occasion. In my case it was a special birthday is so I decided to splash out. I was very pleased with this room. It is huge, with a separate bedroom and lounge/dining area! It has great views on 2 sides, along the seafront beach/, and over the pool and hotel. There is a spacious double balcony with 2 sunbeds, where you can catch the evening sun, which was nice. There is a Jacuzzi bath in the bathroom which also has a window with views over the sea. The superior double is also unusually spacious and is a really good quality room as well. It also has some beds on the balcony. I have eaten in the hotel on many occasions and the food is good, with friendly waiting staff. You can sit beside the pool in the evening which is quite romantic. The breakfasts are also good with a lot of choice.
There is a really nice pool. However, this is something of an issue for me as it is noisy and full of children during school holidays. I appreciate that it is a family hotel, and that children will want to play in a pool, but this is not my choice: when going on holiday without children, I do not find this relaxing, and as a result we hardly used the pool. There is a board saying that balls are not allowed in the pool, but when we were there there was constant throwing of balls, which I find particularly un-relaxing as there is always the worry that you are going to be hit by a ball. For people travelling with children, you will probably love it! The beach is really close by, so we just walked across or relaxed on our terrace. The hotel is very clean throughout, and the staff are mainly very friendly. We travel to this area and town frequently and it is a favourite, with a lot of great local quality restaurants.

Unfortunately, on our second visit to the hotel, we had a less positive experience. Although we had an overall nice stay, the hotel made a mistake with our room booking. I will not bore readers with the details here, but was disappointed by the way the hotel managed the situation e.g. when we checked in, I was told that I would be compensated, having to stay in a standard room when we had already paid for a superior one, and then having to move rooms, which is an inconvenience when on holiday. However when it came to checking out, the difference in price had not been taken off the bill, and when I queried it with the receptionist, I was told that the manager had refused to pay the difference. I was really shocked and when I questioned it they did agree to take this off, but this left me feeling really disappointed and I thought this was not a good way to treat loyal customers. As a result, I am afraid that I am left feeling that I would not return to stay at this hotel, which is a shame because until that point, I had really enjoyed it and the rooms are very nice.

Room tip: All rooms overlook the pool. Higher rooms have better Sea view.
Date of stay: September 2018
Reviewed September 10, 2018

The hotel was situated on the outskirts of the town, opposite the beach, quiet location. Room we had was very spacious and comfortable, The bar area was a little strange and did not have a large selection of drinks. Staff very friendly

Date of stay: September 2018
Reviewed August 13, 2018

This lovely hotel is located is a great location opposite the beach. All the bedrooms have a nice view of the pool and the sea and a balcony area to sit out. There are only two floors so ask for a first-floor room if you don’t want people above you or a ground floor room if you want easy access to the pool, which seemed favoured by families with kids. The pool area is very nice with enough beds and loan pool towels from reception. The beach is a very short walk from the pool with a lovely promenade between the hotel and the beach that runs along the coastline and is great for walking/running along. The rest of the public areas were very pleasant and the restaurant area on the ground floor amongst mature gardens. Dinner and Lunch were excellent and breakfast acceptable, but not as good as dinner/lunch. The fresh orange juice at breakfast was superb, but there were no cooked options. Parking is available in the basement for 7 euros, although there is plenty of parking nearby for free. There is a roof terrace (solarium) that has lovely views – ask for the door to be unlocked at reception.
The bedroom was excellent. A decent bathroom and dressing area with a safe and then a well thought out sliding door separating this from the spacious bedroom area. The bed was firm but comfortable and there was a fridge (drinks chargeable) and some chairs/table. Suites have an extra lounge area, but we didn’t need this. The air conditioning was very effective and the room quiet. All the staff we spoke to were helpful and offered great service and seemed genuinely keen to help. They spoke enough English to get by and it was certainly better than my Spanish! We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here.

Date of stay: August 2018
1  Thank JLN64
Reviewed July 26, 2018 via mobile

If it were possible to give more than 5 stars this hotel certainly deserves them. A perfect stay in many ways. Friendly personnel, very clean, excellent restsurant and a very personal athmosphere. Pure relax in beautiful Catalan ambience ******

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank jvoelmecke
Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

I love this hotel.
I stayed here 27th June 18 for 5days, it was the second year running with friends and will be back again next year.
Very friendly, family run business.
It's immaculately clean and the housekeeping staff are so helpful and friendly.
The restaurant is great, but you do need to book as it's very busy especially at weekends.
2 minute walk to the beach front, if you actually need to leave the lovely pool area and gardens.
My only one piece of advise is they need to supply tea/coffee making facilities in the rooms

Date of stay: June 2018