“Great experience”
Review of Hotel Can Batiste

Hotel Can Batiste
Reviewed January 30, 2014

I was in the area shopping for a boat. I chose this hotel as my base. I arrived very late, just before the restaurant closed. I think they were closed but they seated me anyway. The server/front desk agent provided excellent service at both the restaurant and reception. He provided me with meal suggestions and when I ordered something they had just run out of he made another suggestion which was well received. Others have said the prices were high nut I didn't think so. Including a bottle of wine, appetizer, entree and dessert it was about €30,00.
My room was sparsely furnished but nice. The bed was comfortable, the room clean and fresh and daily housekeeping was excellent. The bathroom was spotless but the tub shower combo had a couple of issues. First, the tub base was slippery. I think the non-skid surface is worn away. The faucet controls were not user friendly. It took a couple of minutes to figure out how to work them. Sounds silly but it was confusing.
The very best part of my stay was after I had a long four hour drive back to the hotel. I knew I would be late for dinner again so I called ahead to warn them. The same gentleman assured me if I arrived after closing he would arrange to have a meal prepared and waiting for me in my room. By chance I arrived before closing and he had just preparing my dinner so he brought it out for me. It was a light meal but just what I needed after a long day and heading to bed right away. This was a true touch of hospitality and very much appreciated.
Breakfast was very typical, meats, cheese, fruit, breads, cereals etc. the service was excellent and the coffee hot and freshly mad to order. I noticed a mix of patrons, some leisure travelers and corporate clients so I believe this is a popular place for all travelers.
If ever in the area again I would certainly make this hotel my home away from home.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Russell B

Reviewed November 25, 2013

Driving back from Belgium in the rain, we didn't know whereabout we would endup for the night. San Carlos seemed a good idea... and it was. I called the hotel to ask about beds and enchoufas (plug contact) next to the bed (my husband uses a breathing mask). The room we would get had a 180 cm bed and there where enchoufas everywere. A very nice big room. The bed was super, the shower fantastic. We had diner at the restaurant, and oh, boy, it was delicious. I had the local speciality eels in sauce, and my husband had lubina with wild mushrooms. We shared a bogavante salad before and shared the desert. We had a nice bottle of local wine and coffee . The service was impecable. Breakfast buffet was more than adequate. This hotel surely deserves it's 3 stars. Quality/price a 10.
Since we had a painting in the car, I asked the lady if there was a garage, and yes, we could use there parking space in the garage across the street.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I have been staying at Hotel Can Batiste annualy for about 16 years and always found it excellent value. It has recently been renovated, and enlarged, and this has only added to its appeal and value. the staff are friendly and helpful, although lacking a bit in knowledge of english. Food in the restaurant is incredible, for value presentation and flavour.

Room Tip: chose a sea view with balcony, for excellent views over the sea in the mornings and evenings
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Dawn G
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Stayed here overnight en-route from southern Spain to France. There were 3 of us in a triple room (superior) which cost €105 including breakfast. The receptionist was very welcoming and as part of a promotion we were given free secure parking overnight, there is also parking directly in front of the hotel. The room was modern, extremely spacious and very well appointed, the beds were comfortable and the bathroom was very stylish with good quality fittings, all was spotlessly clean and the heating/aircon system was incredibly efficient. A lift is available to all floors. It is rather expensive to eat in the restaurant, nevertheless, had we been there for several nights then one evening we would have given it a try. There are plenty of eateries in the surrounding area too. After a good nights sleep we had breakfast, I thought this to be adequate rather than lavish, the reason may have been there were not too many guests staying.
This hotel is excellent and super value for money as the writers of many other reviews have already written, I would recommend it without hesitation and hopefully stay there for longer should I pass that way again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 1, 2012

We had a wonderful three night stay here in august. The rooms were extremely modern with an excellent bathroom and shower that powers from all angles! We asked for a seaview balcony on arrival and the man behind the desk arranged this for us. There is an excellent albeit expensive restaurant and we were recommend some fantatsic seafood dishes.

This family run hotel has a personal touch and staff will try there hardest to help you. Luckily we spoke a little spanish as very few people in the area speak english but this wasn't a problem.

The delta is beautiful and I suggest you have a car to explore the area as its pretty vast. Get a map and info from the information office in san carles. The hotel is a 5 minute walk from a cute little beach where the sea is warm. There are other beautiful and much bigger beaches in the area. There is little going on in the town but there are plenty of restaurants to keep you busy.

Only downside is the lack of swimming pool but who needs one of these when there is a beach? I would certainly return and I am still amazed at the cheap price for our stay!

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed June 21, 2012

I stayed for two nights in a standard double room at less than £40 a night, which is great. The breakfast was continental style and it was lovely and fresh with cereals, fruit, yogurts, bread, tomatoes, pastries, croissants and one day a beautiful potato tortilla and another morning instead was a savoury pastry sandwich containing cheese, potato, roast tomatoes and onions, it was very tasty. I didn't miss the usual English breakfast, in fact, I enjoyed the change.

The rooms themselves have the quietest Air con I have ever had, you couldn't tell if it was on or not! It was modern and spotlessly clean with a TV, small balcony, hairdryer, huge showers, comfortable beds - everything you need for a perfect stay.

We hired a meeting room as it was a business trip and were looked after really well, we had water/coffee, sweets, paper, pens, all provided in the cost of the room which was very reasonable.

We had lunch in the restaurant following our meeting and we were looked after by Joan, who is the only English speaking member of staff who also works on reception (but we are in Spain) and he was a great help, explaining all the menu and making recommendations. Once we had chosen, he brought out the fresh fish to show us which were being used in our meal and to explain about the history of the meal - it was a lovely experience. Five of us had the special which was several varieties of fish and seafood, cooked with potatoes and onions which was served at the table and then the pot was taken away once finished and the juices were used to make a rice dish. The Sea Bass was also delicious that two of our party had. They specialise in fish and rice dishes Fairly expensive in comparison to other restaurants in the area, but I would recommend you try it at least once as the quality was fab. One of our party didn't like fish/seafood but had a very inexpensive cannelloni and she said it was beautiful and would recommend, so not just for the fish lovers, and there is plentiful choice.

Overall a lovely hotel for a brilliant price. We used the bar over the road as there was no hotel bar, and plenty of others nearby, but the restaurant does serve alcohol. No beach but only a small walk to the town beach.

The only negatives were that there was a slight 'sewer' smell occasionally in the reception area, but not in the rooms nor the restaurant. I don't think this is a hygiene issue at all, just that you are in a very hot country.

Room Tip: All rooms were great
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business

#1 of 3 in Deltebre
Carlos III Hotel
Carlos III Hotel
#2 of 2 in Alcanar

Been to Hotel Can Batiste? Share your experiences!