All reviews basic english within easy reach staff worked really hard sun loungers including water cleaned every day around midnight yogurt small balcony three star potato dish road train short break soft drinks fussy eater plenty of choice spain
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Value of money is relevant. Room 424 was always clean and tidy, white towels and bed linen. Beds comfortable. Restaurant was a little bit crowded and space between tables could be more. But quality and selection of dishes for breakfast was amazing: pineapple, water melon, pickles, yoghurt, grains, flakes, juices, tea, coffee, bakery, bacon, eggs, selection of cheese, jam, Nutella, etc.
Not far from beach, Railway Station, supermarket and main road to Barcelona.
Staff is welcoming.
Check out 11 am.

Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Ruslana0212
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Can't say it enough bar staff was amazing too good to be working in such a rundown hotel... Rooms are nothing like the pictures, the reception are rude the restaurant staff rushed us out the dining room with not even taken the time to have a sip of coffee, food is awful will not recommend all inclusive unless you have a strong stomach and can handle food poisoning and enjoy bland dodgy looking food. The town is not a lively place, although a few restaurants that were very good only to discover on the last two nights.... Just avoid all together.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Although kids are back at school the place was full of them. Pineda del mar is like a ghost town. Graffiti on nearly every wall and window. Even the trains are full of graffiti. Places close early that's if they ever open. Would never go to Costa brava again. The Spanish are very rude to the english

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 11, 2019

Arrived back from Hotel Checkin yesterday. Went for a trip with 4 of my mum friends so just wanted a relaxing few days. It started when we first got there we booked two rooms and they told us there was a mix up so they put us in a big apartment all together which I thought was perfect. The room was nice, clean but a bit outdated, there was rust in the bathtub but we didn’t really find it an issue, we just showered. We had constant horrible looks and a few rude comments from guests, one was when we got into a lift on our way down to dinner and guest got in with us and told us we smelt and started coughing, we was really taken back that someone could be this rude, the other was another guest on the first night stuck his middle finger up at us when he was dancing, we felt so uncomfortable being there. The bar staff a few were ok there was one or two that could have done with some manners, we asked the bar staff why we felt uncomfortable and that no one like us, he told us it’s because we are English and that it’s the Spanish and Germans time to holiday, so after that we felt even more uncomfortable, we were 5 women in our late 20’s all with children we were hardly there to cause any problem. Meal times weren’t great food was horrible and me and another have ceoliac disease which they do not cater for at all, so we just stuck to salad and chips. I ended up with food poisoning on the second night so my holiday was cut short as I stayed in bed for the whole day after, two of the other women had a really bad stomachs aswell, I cut into a pear which had mould in it and when I went to get a peppermint tea from the bar coffee machine I noticed it had white bits in my tea, when expecting the coffee machine I noticed it was filthy where the liquid comes out and clearly hasn’t been cleaned in a very long time, the hostess to the restaurant was lovely and polite couldn’t fault him and most of the reception was lovely aswell. We also ran out of toilet roll due to being so ill and the reception wouldn’t give us any more toilet roll, they said it was the maids who had to give it to us so we resorted in having to take some out of the main toilets. I’m just so upset that We was all really looking to our break away that we’ve come home and been so ill and disappointed.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed September 1, 2019

Just returned from a 7 night stay all-inclusive. I know I booked a budget holiday and a three star hotel so I wasn't expecting extra but I was shocked at the hotel when we arrived as it is not as described and the photos have been professionally made up and edited to promote the hotel.
The hotel itself is run down, décor dated about 1980-1990's, in some places older. They've tried to make it look better with a bit of white paint. Reception is fair and looks as pictured although dated furniture. Reception staff were friendly and helpful. A lot of paperwork to fill in on arrival so have your passport, booking details and money ready.
The bar area is again dated but fair. There is one pool table. A few tables and chairs around the back of the bar and a small flat screen tv on the wall above the bar.
In one corner of the bar area is a snack table which is not hygienic as the food is left out and uncovered. Morning snacks were breakfast cakes (croissants, small muffins, pastries and a bowls of apples). Afternoon snacks were greasy chicken nuggets, greasy margarita pizza, greasy burgers and fries). Not healthy, fresh or appetising.
The ice-cream freezer was locked so you couldn't help yourself. The small ice-cream tubs were free if all inclusive and the other ice-creams and ice-lollies you paid for.
Drinks at the bar, all inclusive you were limited to a small selection of free drinks/cocktails and the rest you paid for. I noticed that if you were NOT all-inclusive, you got a better service and better quality food/drinks. Some of the bar staff were friendly, some were not so.
The pool area - again dated and not as described in the photo. The tiles were falling off the pool. The pool water at times was grimy around the edges. The seating was dated but not an issue, the seat cushions were ripped or had holes in. The children's water slides were small, and filled with freezing cold water that after one slide none of the children went near it the rest of the time they were there. The play apparatus was not secured into the ground and lifted when children were on the swing of slide and it was based on top of stones.
The evening entertainment was fair. It was based around the poolside where small children would be running around the pool edge.
Morning exercise classes took place and sometimes they'd shut the pool during the day for an hour for aqua aerobics.
Kids club - No!!! one of the staff members sits in the corner of the pool area and brings out some paint for the kids to do some painting. That is not a kids club.
Breakfast/lunch/dinner - buffet style dining. I can see they tried to get a variety in for all tastes but it was bland, greasy, full of oil and even the salad was dripped in sauce or dressing. By the third day I could not eat any more of it and every day is the same. There is always a queue to enter the dining hall with people pushing in and it's over crowded.The dining hall is also very dated and not as pictured.
The corridors smell musty so do the rooms. Dated and dingy.
I was in total shock when I entered my room. Nothing like the pictures. Dark, dingy and was horrified when went onto the balcony. I had the view of the fire escape. The balcony was surrounded by bars and metal stairs where staff members regularly walked up and down so there was no privacy to the balcony or room. Also, as a none smoker I couldn't sit on the balcony due to the guests next door smoking on theirs which just made sitting outside inhaling their cigarette smoke not pleasant. The glass balcony doors are thin and they vibrated in the frame when there was a passing vehicle.
The beds were metal camp style beds with uncomfortable mattresses. My 7 year olds bed was bad, her mattress was a thin piece of foam that dipped in the middle feeling every spring underneath. The bed sheets had holes in and the top sheet was like a 1990's curtain.
The television was a joke. No Wi-Fi in the rooms, only reception area.
Air conditioning in the room was poor, the vents were filed with dust and around the wardrobe was black mould.
The dust under the beds were thick and they definitely did not clean under the bed while we were there although they did mop around the bed.
There was so much noise during the night with passing traffic, lorries, bin trucks, mopeds, people being loud in the street below, but also from other rooms and in the corridors. Kids running and screeching in the corridor, slamming doors, dogs barking in other rooms. Just couldn't sleep.
The bathroom was adequate - large crack on the hand basin. Had to ask for toilet paper mid week and twice for towels as were left with none in the room.
I don't know what else to say. I wouldn't go back or recommend. Really disappointed.
However, we did make the most of it and spent most of the time out of the room by the pool area or beach (not sandy).

Date of stay: August 2019