“Fabulous holiday, ignore any bad reviews!!!!”

Golden Taurus Park Resort
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Pineda de Mar
Oswestry, United Kingdom
“Fabulous holiday, ignore any bad reviews!!!!”
Reviewed August 10, 2011

Hotel is wonderful - large spacious, very clean hotel. This was our first stay there and will most certainly NOT be our last. Staff were friendly, courteous and helpful. Loads to do in the hotel for all ages - run by either the hotel or Thomson kids club. We were worried before going about availability of sunbeds, due to previous reports, but this was soon put right. The doors to the one of the pool terraces opened at 9 and yes there was a slight queue but you could easily get a bed later in the day. It's only the fussy ones that have to get up at stupid times to reserve a bed!!! The restaurant covered all tastes - our eldest son who is 15 is very fussy but he managed to find loads to eat every breakfast & evening meal. The area around the hotel is basic but there were plenty of suvenior shops & resaurants close by. Both the train and road train were easily accessible. It was stated in the brochure/website that the beach was shingle - at least it was clean & NOT covered in dog muck. We booked through Thomson and cannot fault a thing - we found it definite value for money and will not hesitate to recommend to our famiily and friends.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
6 Thank Alison L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (368)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Hampshire, UK
Reviewed August 10, 2011

Well I have to say this was a real mixed bag for me. To summarise the hotel is just too big for the amenities it offers. The canteen is like a zoo during meal times and if you time it badly at breakfast you can be walking round for a while to find somewhere to sit. The variety of food is excellent and you will find something that looks appetising but the quality is poor. Breakfast Omlettes are very good and cooked to order and the theme night on some of the evenings are better than the bog standard stuff on offer but be prepared to wait. I ended up dreading meal times.

The larger of the 2 outdoor pools is fantatstic and you shouldn;t have a problem finding beds. Although there are probably too many and too close together, you will generally find beds together. If you get their for 9am you can join the queue to put your towels out for the rest of the day. For the other pool, where the activities take place you need to be up at about 7am to gurantee beds. I stayed well clear. The cleanliness of the pools is top class and my 7 yr old an 18 mth old were perfectly safe and gave me no worries at all around the pool - the pool was absolutely excellent.

We had a family room and it was very ver clean, everything in working order and with a wonderful sea view so no complaints about that at all and we very rarely heard any late night noise.

The evening entertainment is actually very very good. For the kids it's top class and for the adults it's actually not as tacky as I was expecting so again, no complaints about that.

Drinks are very very reasonably priced provided you stick to the "local" drinks. Pint of Lager is €2.40 and glass of cava €1.50 but many there were all inclusive anyway.

You can't use credit cards anywhere in the hotel so be aware fo that before you go - it's cash everywhere and you can;t charge anything to your room.

There is also no intenet access for personal devices - you have to use 1 of the 6 computers in reception which is €1 for 10 mins

There is a supermarket within a 2 minute walk of the hotel that sells cold drinks and all the other good stuff but as there are no fridges in the rooms you need to buy to order so to speak.

The beach is literally over the road and is very very safe - it's all sand (not very fine sand but sand all the same) and the sea is beautiful although not particularly friendly to non-swimmers as it gets deep very quickly.

Barcelona is approx €8 return on the tain but be prepared to stand all the way and back depending on the time of your return journey. The trip last about about an hour and 20 mins and get off at Placa de Catalunya to be in the heart of Barcelona for La rambla and the bus tours. Bus tours are quite pricey but really really good and if you like football the tour of Nou Camp is stunning. ***train station does not take cedit cards - you need cash***

Pineda is a lovely resort and has a few bars and restaurants without being very Anlicised - I think I only saw one English Pub amongst all the other bars and restaurants so you do feel as though you're on your holidays!

Overall it was a great holiday for the kids but not entirely my cup of tea.

3 Thank Carl M
Cheshire
Reviewed August 9, 2011

Have read some recent reviews and I would like to make comments on the all- inclusive option. The deal is good value for money. The times when all-inclusive is available are clearly displayed. I found the bar service ok, and was totally unaware of any guests complaining about the choice of drinks or the attitude of the bar staff. As for the food there is plenty of choice, what do you want? Pot Noodle. As for sunbeds. If you want one, get one, but use it. Taurus Park remains a quality hotel where all staff work extremely hard.

Room Tip: We were disappointed to have a room at the back, but we only used it for sleeping
2 Thank CheshireMaryJo
Blackpool
Reviewed August 8, 2011

We stayed here ALL Inclusive(Even though lots of things cost you extra, ie tennis court ,football pitch, archery and the ice cream is horrible!!! we had to buy our son ones not on the all inclusive that where very expensive!!!!) with our 3 children 17,15,9 and my husbands parents, good point the hotel was very clean, bad points the food was not good at all there was plenty of choice but all very odd i have to say!! all cheap cuts of meat and fish with more bones than meat!! ,It was horrible getting your food as everyone pushed and shoved , so rude!! and talking about rude the waiters in the snack bar!!!, well thats what i call very rude they did not want to serve you, questioned if you had 2 bottles of water "For you?" my 9 year old was asked "yes he said "Only One" was the reply " No "Two said my son,ones for Mom", they would serve paying customers first and we felt like second class citizens even though we paid "UP FRONT" The area around was run down and graffiti everywhere!, The beach was shingle and the sea went deep very quick,once you got in it as hard to get out,you had to climb the sand!!!. The train that ran in front of the hotel was not a problem and very good for getting about, Barcelona was wonderful well worth a visit but watch your bags!!! they tried to get our twice and managed to take some sunglasses!! and Tossa de Mar was beautiful, wished we had stayed there instead!!! Will never return to this hotel

Room Tip: ask for a sea view
Halifax, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 8, 2011

I stayed at the hotel with my 6yr old daughter. I had to get u at 6.30am every morning to make sure I got a sun lounger by the pool so that I could keep an eye on my daughter. The qeues for food were just horrific and once in the dinner hall it was like a mad house. People rushing everywhere staff dropping plates, trolleys being pushed about with food in nearly ploughing the small children down!!! On a number of occasions me and my daughter went and ate elsewhere to avoid the stress of the terrible dinning conditions.One positive thing was that the thomson kids club reps were fantastic however the other 2 female tomson reps looked like they did not want to be there, 1 of them I saw using the computer to log onto her facebook and the other never smiled always looked tired and miserable. As for the bar staff you would get ignored whilst they had a conversation between themselves. Some of the animation team were fantastic however i did not appreciate one of them when asking people where they were from and they answered England he would ask why?? he asked my 6 yr old daughter this and kept asking her and upset her!!!!
On a whole it did not feel like a holiday i found the whole experience stressfull and exhausting ....I will not be returning to this hotel

3 Thank Babsy-dotty
Bedale, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 7, 2011

Stayed in Hotel last week, Hotel very clean,all Public areas and rooms. Towels changed every day, beds made and rooms cleaned. The food was good with plenty of choice.
The hotel is perfect for families with children but nothing much for teenagers. We did not go into the entertainment room so I cannot comment. We went all inclusive but found it confusing as to which bar was open for snacks and drinks so ended up paying for water and tea, coffee and some snacks. The area is very run down and quiet so you really need to stay in the Hotel in the evening.The beach is very corse sand so very uncomfortable to walk on but nevertheless we spent a lot of time there as you could not get a bed round the pool and if you did you were like sardines.Went with Thomson Holidays who were very good and reps very helpful.

Room Tip: ask for a room with sea view
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank hilda1940
Reviewed August 6, 2011

We stayed as part a a large family group for 10 nights. We were all inclusive which I can without any hesitation say was the WORST all inclusive package I have ever experienced. Make sure you read all the fine print!!! You can only get things in certain places at certain times, assuming of course you can actually ever get served because the staff will not serve the all inclusive guests until those with cash are served first. We were even told to come back later to get a bottle of water (or pay cash) because that bar was not serving all inclusive guests until later. The food quality was dreadful (except the breakfast omelets which were fab), I did not feel it was safe to allow my children to eat the meat dishes without my checking them due to the high amount of brittle bone fragments. Very poor selection of veg too. There were also children running around the corridors and banging on the doors at all hours of the night.
The room facilities were very basic, had to pay 20 euros to hire a kettle to make baby formula.
On the plus side, the kids club was good and generally the hotel was very clean. Watch out for the lifts as they don't have any sensors on the door, I still have the bruise's to show for it.
Just wait until the restaurant opens for tea time, stand back and watch out for the mad rush, feeding time at a zoo springs to mind!!!

• Stayed July 2011
#1 of 43 in Calella
H.TOP Pineda Palace
H.TOP Pineda Palace
#6 of 17 in Pineda de Mar

Been to Golden Taurus Park Resort? Share your experiences!