“Really enjoyable stay”

Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in L'Estartit
Northern Ireland
“Really enjoyable stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for 4 nights. Would definitely recommend. Excellent location and extremely clean. Towels changed daily. All the staff were very friendly and helpful. Reception staff went out of their way to help us change our transfer time back to the airport.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank 79Carolinea

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

My partner and I are diving instructors and were recommended by Calypso diving to stay at the Bell Aire. We could not have asked for better, the hotel was very well priced, extremely clean and incredibly friendly. Ramon, his wife, mother and father ( owners of the hotel ) George on reception and Augusto the barman, added together not only make a great team but also make your stay great. Nothing is too much trouble day or night.
The hotel is straight out of the 70's which only adds to its charm. Perfectly placed for the beach, shops, restaurants and the weekly market ( Thursdays ) all no more than 5 mins walk from the hotel. We came to this part of Spain to see if it would be suitable for us to take our students for diving lessons. With out doubt we will recommend this hotel and Calypso to all of our students and we will use the Bell Aire for all of our future trips.
If you are planing a trip to L'Estartit you could not find a better place to stay than the Bell Aire, especially as we spoke to other people during our dive trips, (who came from other parts of Spain, France, Germany and the UK) they all said that thier hotels were not as good as the Bell Aire.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ken G
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

My Husband and I stayed here for 2 nights 17-19 June The hotel is in an excellent location in Estartit We were made to feel very welcome on arrival and the request we made for a sea view on the 3rd floor was honoured. Staff were very pleasant. The hotel is basic but very clean. The breakfast was simple but adequate. There was no hair dryer, fortunately I had my own. Parking on the street was no problem. We would recommend this Family run hotel.

Kathi & Brian McClarence

Room Tip: Request a sea view room & take a hair dryer
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Spain60
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

The staff were great, helpful and friendly.
They helped me to design my road trip back to Barcelona and full of information on the local and surrounding area. Ontop of that the Hotel Belle Aire provides extremely good value for money and was super clean and well maintained. I had a good nights sleep in this hotel and being a stroll away from water front meant the days were easy to plan. Overall, I had a pleasant stay at the hotel Belle Aire and would definitely recommend the hotel as a place to stay in L'Estartit.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Naples, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

I tried another recommended hotel first, but walked out when they wanted 56 euros for a single room. I walked down to the next corner and looked uo the street and saw the Belle Aire. So I decided to give it a try. I believe that he is the grandson of the founder of the hotel. He and his wife, along with his mother are the current "dueños". They are genuinely concerned with the comfort and satisfaction of their guests. Even though I was only going to be there for the night, he couldn't stress enough that I should feel free to ask him for anything I needed or wanted. I had the opportunity to speak to all three of them. And I even spoke to their two little children/grandchildren regarding their knowledge of English. As young as they are, they both have English in school. My room was small, as single rooms often are. The bed was a standard twin size. Unfortunately, I am 6'2" tall and my legs tend to stick out. But that is not his fault and the matress was very comfortable. He told me the matresses were all new. The sheets and blankets looked new as well. The room had a closet, a table and TV with remote control and a night stand. The bathroom was fine and very clean. And the shower was EXCELLENT with a perfectly positioned bracket for the shower hose on the end wall. Great water pressure and plenty of hot water. I was in there for at least 15 minutes. We were talking about "Trip Advisor" and I asked him who the biggest complainers and fault finders are. I thought it might be the French. But he said, "NO, it's the Spaniards themselves." He asked my opinion about spending zillions of euros on a complete renovation and, with it, higher prices for guests, or whether he should keep in simple, but clean and well maintained with lower prices. I told him to keep it just like it is for budget travelers like me. An example is the hotel phone system. The rooms have wall phones with no dials. At the front desk, there is a switchboard (centralita) with all the stretch cords and little holes to plug in to. It is all bright and shiny and is reminiscent of a byegone era. Who needs a phone in a hotel room these days anyway? There is a free buffet breakfast from 8-10. Granted it's not as lavish as those of the four and five star super hotels, but is is certainly sufficient and fairly varied. My room charge was 34 euros and I parked on the street for free almost in front of the door. Five stars for the Belle Aire!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank ELHS220
Caracas, Venezuela
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

We travel to L'Estartit from Venezuela to attend a football (soccer) tournament our son participated at. The Hotel was nice, with a very nostalgic flare of time when we we were kid as well. I strongly recommend the Bell Aire is a great place to stay in a great little town of the wonderful Costa Brava!!!!!

Room Tip: Go for large room!!!!!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013

The hotel is not modern but has all that is needed for a pleasant stay without all the fuss. Ideal place for quiet people in search of an affordable hotel and genuine atmosphere and service. The owners are taking care of all your needs. I would recommend this place for a stay around September, when the crowds of noisy tourists in the streets are gone, and the heat is back to pleasant :)

Room Tip: For a more enjoyable stay, ask for a room on the 3rd floor with view on the sea.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple