“lovely place, no complaints”
Review of Tonis Bar Restaurant - CLOSED

Tonis Bar Restaurant
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Tonis bar serving fajitas and mojitos ,Quite possibly the best in town
Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

me and my family love coming to see all the staff and chrissie at the bar and restaurant, the atmosphere is so welcoming and completely compliments the likes of the staff. the food is freshly cooked and is great value for money. chrissie is always going out her way to make sure all your needs are met. you can't beat this bar and restaurant for great tasting food at reasonable prices, this is why we come here night after night. can't wait to come back next year.

1  Thank ellekardash

Reviewed July 24, 2013

i came to tonis bar to get a take away pizza one evening thinking it would be a lovely home made pizza and it is really hard to get nice pizzas in spain so i was really looking forward to it. wish i would have made a sandwich instead! it was disgusting. after waiting for over half an hour with cringey vile men trying to look down my top i recieved my pizza - took it back and it was burnt, barely any cheese and the mushrooms were so thickly and largely cut that i might aswel have taken a bite of mushroom! the pizza hadn't even been cut! obviously when you go for a takeaway pizza you dont expect to cut it yourself especially seen as though many people take away food and eat on the go!

christine w, Owner at Tonis Bar Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Hi .We have only started selling pizza this past week ,As it is so very quiet we know that we have not made ANY pizza with a mushroom topping ,,Our kitchen is open until midnight ,After that time we do sell a pizza slice ,This slice is NOT created by us and is only served as a snack ,Is it possible that this is what you had ,If so then it is always served uncut ,We have this pizza slice available from midnight as there are not many places to obtain food in Estartit in the early hours of the morning ,I WOULD BE VERY HAPPY IF YOU WOULD CLEAR THIS MATTER UP and should it have been this pizza slice I will pass on your comments to the supplier

Reviewed July 4, 2013

My family and some friends were at Tonis bar yesterday and it was one of my worst experiences ever! The place was dirty, food was terrible and the waiters/personal was extremely slow. It took almost 1,5 hours to get the food and the steak (house spesciality) was like chewing gum. We will never visit this place again - ever!

1  Thank Finta10
christine w, Owner at Tonis Bar Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Sir ,,You do not mention that there were 24 people in your group. You also don't mention that ONLY the night before all 13 children and 11 adults liked everything about the place so much so that you left a 40 euro tip and vowed to be back ,On both occasions we served you as best we could with NO prior booking ,I am very surprised to read what you have written as you made absolutely no complaint whilst in our bar for your second visit, Your visit the night before you stayed about 3/4 hours and were very happy that your 13 children had already had there meal and were happy playing pool and watching movies while the 11 adults sat on the terrace and ate there meal in peace, If you had stipulated you were in a hurry on this second visit you would have been advised that all food is freshly cooked to order and therefore there would be some delay ,Should you have mentioned any complaint whatsoever when you were asked if all was ok with your meal I would have done my level best to deal with it ,We write the time on all our orders as they go into the kitchen and I could have told you exactly how long the adults waited after all the children had been fed .I am sorry if there was any inconvenience to you ,We are a new establishment and value all our customers highly ,I will take on board your comments and will make sure should any large groups of customers arrive with no prior booking they are well informed that fresh food takes I little longer .I am truly sorry that your second visit to us was not as enjoyable as the first ,We also enjoyed the company of you and all the children and hope you enjoy the rest of your holiday

Reviewed July 2, 2013

My family and I have visited Toni's a few times on our trips to Estartit, the last time was September 2012, each visit has been enjoyable, the really friendly service from Chrissy is second to none. the food is fine with plenty of variety, there appears to be loads going on in the evenings, unfortunately I can't comment on that as we were with our 4 year old Grand Daughter and she was always too tired to go out at night due to her days shenanigans!! Whilst on the subject of children, Chrissy would be straight over to our table not only armed with menus but also a few sheets of a colouring book and some pencils to keep our little one entertained whilst waiting for food etc. The venue its self is quite easy to find even though its a little off the main road (Look to your right as you come into the town, you'll see it) but that's quite nice as your away from the hustle and bustle.

The only negative thing I could possibly mention is the place looks a little run down, nothing serious and I'm not suggesting for one moment it dilapidated, it just looks a bit tired, a little like Estartit on the whole in these troubled financial times I suppose :(

Would we visit again? Most certainly, we will be back to Estartit in 2014 as we have very very fond memories of the whole town including Toni's and now we have a new recruit in our Grand Daughter who loves it too then doublely so!!

2  Thank Paul W
Reviewed June 11, 2013

i went to Spain for my first holiday. me and my family went to Toni's and it was the best. they have amazing food and drinks . I want to go there every year now . I couldn't thank them enough for giving me and my family the best holiday ever. see you next year! from Kaela, age 10

3  Thank kaela d