“A little corner of England in Spain”
Review of Harvey's Bar

Harvey's Bar
Ranked #10 of 89 Restaurants in L'Estartit
Cuisines: Diner, Mexican, Bar, Grill
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: You won't find a better watering hole in the area and thanks to the fabulous but ever so slightly mad staff, you'll be thoroughly entertained! Harvey's is an Anglo/American Diner filled with memorabilia. The perfect place to enjoy a meal and drinks with it's relaxed ambience. You will find the staff funny, attentive and friendly even if you come alone you will be made to feel welcome with the relaxed atmosphere. Quite simply, you may arrive as a customer but you will leave as a friend. Still reading and want to know more....excellent! Open from May until October we are located just off the beach front, close to the harbour and the main shopping area. A terrific sun terrace filled with flowers means you can sit back, relax and truly enjoy the setting. Feeling hungry? ....... You will be spoilt for choice with our superb and varied menu famous for its tasty and generous portions....just leave room for one of our delicious desserts! We also have a varied children's menu for the little ones if you can drag them out of our great Kids Room! Whatever your nationality, whatever your age, whatever your needs, we believe we have got it just right here at Harvey's for a truly memorable experience! WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Gemma and Joe go out of their way to welcome customers at their restaurant. It's full of character (as is Joe!) so if there is an odd problem (I've never had any!) it might have been momentarily overlooked because they are deservedly so busy.
We always enjoy our visits -their Sunday roast is excellent-far better than most in the UK!
My two friends are already planning their return with even more guests!

Don't change anything Joe-just as it is is good!

Reviewed October 20, 2013

We ate at this restaurant for the first time today. We live in L'Escala but have never visited this restaurant before. We all chose the roast beef, which came with roast and mashed potatoes, 4 vegetables and Yorkshire pudding. The service was quick and the staff were helpful and pleasant. The food excellent, big portions and reasonably priced. Unfortunately I didn't have room for the apple pie!! Will definitely be back.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

Ok reading the bad reviews here these people must be expecting Michelin star restaurants its a bar!! As for the staff they were so friendly and they have a kids room which entertained my younger two. Its is usually a case for me I always find the nice restaurants at the end of my holiday, this was the first place I tried and stuck with it as the food was superb and huge portions very reasonably priced and delicious. The ribs and fajitas are a must I would love to know what the secret seasoning is on the fajitas the were delish. I will be returning when I go back to Estardit next summer.

Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

We wanted to try this place for food as we saw some good reviews. Unfortunately we decided not to eat after we sat down. There was an old carton of rubbish lying on the shelf behind us, flies were all around us and the tables were filthy. The menu looked okay but the four of us knew we would not risk eating the food as the hygeine standards were below par. We had to put our hands over our glasses to keep flies off.

Gemma H, Owner at Harvey's Bar, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2013

We apologise that you did not enjoy your visit to us here at Harvey's. I am not sure what shelf you are taking about....but if you had pointed this out to one of our staff we would have had the carton of rubbish removed immediately. We do get busy and sometimes tables are not cleared quick enough between customers. Again, as I have said before in my comments...why not complain at the time rather than waiting till you get home after your holiday to complain on tripadvisor. If we had known you had a problem...we could have rectified it and maybe you would have had a lovely evening with us here at Harvey's.
On the point of the flies......if your visit was late August, early September there is always a problem through the town when eating outside. Unfortunately the local wildlife is not under our control.
' In need of a revamp' ..... We take pride in being a very attractive and clean bar and we are constantly making improvements.....money allowing! If you have any pointers into what you feel we need to revamp we would be very happy to hear them. Please email me on Harveysbar@hotmail.com.
On regards on our hygiene level, I disagree with you completely! We are inspected, as all bars and restaurants are and we always come out as exceptional.
People can sometimes enter Harvey's as we are high on the tripadvisor expecting a restaurant....we are not! We are a bar that offers great food in a fabulous atmosphere....we understand we are not everyone's cup of tea, but everything we do is done with pride and we can only apologise that you thought your visit was terrible.
Thank you for taking time to review our business.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

The staff were so friendly, just one visit and they both knew my drink was a perfect Rioja! The food was good, lots of it too. When they had run out of my first and second choices ( it was a Sunday and their lunches are legendary!) they were kind enough to throw in some free wedges! I'd highly recommend this bar.