Wow, what can I say except this hotel was almost perfect for us.
First the only a few small not so good points and then the many good ones.
The spa. It is of course $20 to use, which I knew beforehand so was expecting it. What I wasn't expecting was the cold water temperature in the pool, lack of a jacuzzi, time limit and closing for siesta from 2pm - 4pm. The wife doesnt ski and so I wanted to leave her in the hotel where she could use the spa whilst I hit the slopes.. but it was closed.
Only other thing was we booked a double room but the beds were two singles. This was not a huge problem though and the rest of the room was great.
T.V - cannot be changed to English even though it has cable. Flat screen T.V but an older model so it was only in Spanish.
Now for the good points and there are many.
View of the mountains - exceptional. From our room, dining room and bar area you can see all the mountains in the valley. Truely amazing.
Location - perfect. 2mins to the shops and a 15minute walk to the slopes. However, the hotel have 2 buses dedicated to take customers from the hotel to the base station / hire shops / bar building. The times that they will run the buses is flexible and you can request a lift from reception if you decide to sleep in or miss the 11am finish time.
Staff - so friendly, helpful and English speaking. When I left my wife at the hotel for the day the bar man Adrian looked after her all day, teaching her some Spanish words and always checking if she needed anything. I asked reception to mention to his boss that he did such a good job of looking after her, when we checked out.
The other staff were great too recommending which mountain to choose for snowboarding. On the mountain also, a guy working at the hut bar / burger place saw me looking at a piste map and gave me some good advice that you can use all 4 ski areas using the same lift ticket that you can buy at any of the base stations. Of course I was using Spanish as I live here but I think they can speak English as most people tend to in Spain.
Food - very good quality and selection. Breakfast is 7.30 - 10.30 so you can get up at 10 and still get a freshly cooked omlette.
All in all, I can't wait to go back and can't recommend it enough.
WIFI - free to use when you ask for a user name & password from reception. We could still get a signal from the 4th floor, which was great as it meant we could use our laptops in the room.
Room cleaning - the staff clean all day, so no matter waht time you put out the door hanger thing, they will come and clean the room. They are also very friendly, which is quite rare these days.. we were greeted with a smile as opposed to the usual scowl we are used to.
Great place, if you go to Formigal - use this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel & Spa Aragon Hills **** located just 400 meters from the Formigal ski station, it has 157 rooms in a lovely setting, in the Aragonese Pyrenees. Formigal is one of the best known ski resorts and a perfect destination throughout the year, offering a full entertainment program for both summer and winter, in a beautiful landscape with spectacular lakes. The Aragon Hills Hotel & Spa has 157 rooms of diferent sizes and capacities to suit all types of customers. Mountain rooms with modern style. Many of our rooms offer spectacular mountain views. We have standard rooms with balconies, adapted, duplex, Interconnecting with the possibility of including extra beds or cots. We also have connecting rooms, some with greater capacity for families. If you want any of these special rooms, contact the hotel directly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fun Aragon Hills Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aragon Hills Hotel And Spa
- Aragon Hills Hotel Sallent De Gallego - Formigal
- Ibb Aragon Hills Hotel
- Fun Aragon Hills Hotel & Spa Spain - Formigal