Stayed in this hotel toward the end of the 2009/2010 ski season. Hotel was very clean, well equipped, well staffed - I have not a bad word to say. Staff in the hotel were all very professional, helpful and cheerful. There were enough english speaking staff that communication should not be a problem and those that spoke no english were happy to endure my attempts at speaking spanish!
Food was excellent. A minor let down is the buffet style which means that the food is left to stand out for a while. However, you would not be able to have the sheer variety if dishes were prepared to order, nor would you necessarily be able to return for a 2nd helping of the stuffed squid etc.
shuttle service from the hotel to the ski station was efficient. The driver even took my friend and I down to the station on our own a few hours after the last "official" shuttle had left.
The resort itself is good. In a sense it is a local resort largely undiscovered by tourists (be they French, British, German or wherever). This meant it was very quiet during the week, with very few lift queues and large open pistes. It got pretty busy during the weekend as it was a Saint's Day i believe.
the ski area is pretty small, you could do the majority of the marked runs easily in a day and half if you so wished. There's some pretty good runs, nothing amazingly challenging and a decent freestyle park. Can't really say about off-piste as we went end of season so not much decent powder about.
all in all, the Hotell Aragon Hills was excellent and I'd have no problem returning there. If the ski resort itself continues to expand and improve this could well become a very popular destination.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel & Spa Aragon Hills **** located just 400 meters from the Formigal ski station, it has 157 rooms in a lovely setting, in the Aragonese Pyrenees. Formigal is one of the best known ski resorts and a perfect destination throughout the year, offering a full entertainment program for both summer and winter, in a beautiful landscape with spectacular lakes. The Aragon Hills Hotel & Spa has 157 rooms of diferent sizes and capacities to suit all types of customers. Mountain rooms with modern style. Many of our rooms offer spectacular mountain views. We have standard rooms with balconies, adapted, duplex, Interconnecting with the possibility of including extra beds or cots. We also have connecting rooms, some with greater capacity for families. If you want any of these special rooms, contact the hotel directly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Agoda, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Fun Aragon Hills Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aragon Hills Hotel Sallent De Gallego - Formigal
- Aragon Hills Hotel And Spa
- Ibb Aragon Hills Hotel
- Fun Aragon Hills Hotel & Spa Spain - Formigal