This is an affordable hotel that was pleasant if a bit old fashioned. It is in a good location where you can walk to the supermarket and all the ski shops. The ground floor has a very large (but basic) play area for kids which seemed fine to me.
I like the:
- room. It was clean, very large and warm. Rooms 239 and 240 by a quirk of architecture are really very large.
- the bathroom was modern and clean.
- staff. They were friendly.
- the rate.
- location. Don't waste your money on getting a better located hotel... it wont be. At Formigal you do not ski straight from any accommodation. Everyone has to bus across to the ski slopes (3 mins at most to the closest lift.)
I note that:
- the foyer only has one computer.
- no view to speak of from our room.
- the breakfast is the standard fare. Be early as it can get busy.
- the wireless was completely lost on our second day.
- the weather forecast provided by the hotel and the resort seemed at complete odds with the reality. I.e. I would get a visual with a webcam.
- very few non-spanish people stay here.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Booking.com, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel Nievesol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Nievesol Aragon, Spain - Formigal