Though I cant imagine what sort of hell the area becomes when the masses descend July onwards but it works quite well "off season" as a relaxing location to holiday.
At weekends it does become like an old peoples home as the Spanish OAPs (who get free holidays courtesy of the Spanish government 'sic EU aka us) but they seemed mostly friendly and cheerful so who cares.
I wouldn't advice the area for young couples; people who dont like Mediterranean food or people looking for a night life (there isn't one). This is an area that was once, not so long ago, mostly fishing towns and is only pretty much now a purpose built tourism belt on the sea front. Its a hotel and area visited by allot of the Spanish.
If you do go here its worth going out and seeing places like Granada and surrounding areas and coughing up for the various tours, you may be with the coffin dodgers but at least you'll get the most out of the area; better still hire a car and drive their yourself.
Hotel has a kiddy pool, big pool and an indoor pool that for some reason they dont advertise (its hidden near the back of the restaurant). All immaculate and clean.
Food is as you'd hopefully expect in southern spain, local fish, tomatoes, pasta, lots of pork, various mixed salads, grilled veg, and a selection of puddings. Puddings don't vary much but theres ice creams in the freezer and they're nestle (quite nice).
You could always walk down the front (right) to colostomo which is friendly and Gerardos. or (left) towards the castle where just after there are some really, really, fresh fish restaurants and tapas bars.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Within the Evenia Zoraida Resort and enjoying a beachfront location, the Zoraida Garden shares all the facilities of the Zoraida Park: extensive gardens with sunbeds, palm trees, a tropical pool, a brand new Aquapark with slides and pirate ship, 2 tennis courts , Fitness Room with sauna and heated indoor pool, Snack bars, pool bar, hairdresser, shops, free parking facilities… The 342 rooms were completely renovated and are modern, comfortable, with stunning views and equipped with wood floor, queen size beds, 32” LCD flat screen TV, individual air conditioning unit, telephone, safe, fully fitted bathroom with hair dryer and beauty mirror, and balcony. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your Evenia Zoraida Garden reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Evenia Zoraida Garden Hotel Roquetas De Mar
- Evenia Zoraida Garden Almeria/Roquetas De Mar, Spain