Just returned from the Playa Capricho and must say a little disappointed. For a 4* hotel it is in serious need of a revamp as certainly is tired looking. However, room was clean and tidy and food was tasty with plenty of choice so found something to eat every meal time. What was strange was the removal truck arriving to empty rubbish skips directly under my window at 1.30 in the morning.
Customer service is rather poor and not very welcoming at all, although 2 of the bar staff and one member of the restaurant team did try and put effort in most of the time. When we first arrived the hotel was pretty quiet and relaxing but by the middle of our ten day holiday there was a mass invasion of Spanish guests, who I found extremely rude and ignorant, and they certainly did nothing to control their children who took over the whole of the swimming pool and surrounding area. Now I have children and grandchildren of my own so am no stick in the mud and love to see kids have fun on holiday but I do not find dive bombing elderly guests in the swimming pool amusing at all, they were a total disgrace to their own nation and so were their parents who never corrected them once.
As soon as the Spanish guests arrived all other guest must of been wearing an invisible sign as no matter whether you we're first up the bar, if a Spaniard came up after you, you would have no chance of being served as it appeared the Spanish guests were given priority over every one else, and the already miserable staff became even more miserable as if they were doing you a favour.
Where were the animation team? Oh yes, entertaining the Spanish, not once were we spoke to or acknowledged by any member of animation, either during the day or through the Spanish evening entertainment.
This is one part of Spain I will not return to or recommend, as although I thoroughly enjoy learning about other cultures, hence why I holiday abroad, this is no place to learn anything apart from how very rude and miserable the staff and guests are.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If the Playacapricho Hotel is noted for anything, it's for its spectacular foyer presided over by a tropical fig tree and the hanging baskets which fall from each of its 7 floors. Equipped with magnificent facilities, the hotel boasts panoramic lifts, a themed outdoor pool, restaurant, bar-lounge, pub, hairdressers... Basically, everything you need to enjoy the holidays! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Playacapricho Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playacapricho Hotel Roquetas De Mar
- Playacapricho Hotel Almeria/Roquetas De Mar, Spain