Hotel Best Sabinal
$68
$66
Don Angel(Roquetas de Mar)
$62
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Neptuno Hotel(Roquetas de Mar)(Great Value!)
$74
$72
Hotels.com
$52
$63
$42
  • Restaurant
Playacapricho Hotel(Roquetas de Mar)
$107
  • Beachfront
Apartamentos Maracay(Roquetas de Mar)(Great Value!)
$58
  • Beachfront
Hotel Roc Golf Trinidad(Roquetas de Mar)
$128
$114
Priceline
$70
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
Mediterraneo Park(Roquetas de Mar)
$156
2,308 results
All reviewssea viewsuperior roomhalf boardpool areaplenty of choicebar staffsea frontall inclusive guestslovely hotelwalk in showersnack bargreat holidaymost nightsplenty of sunbedstapasevening entertainmentchoice of food
Reviewed September 15, 2012

On arrival at Gatwick we were told the flight was delayed two hours as one of the runways wasbeing repaired, (but this was the only flight affected) Ha Ha, on take off the poilet informed us we were on our way to Malaga sorry about the delay, then said ho its Almeria went to Malaga yesterday great start.
On arrival at the hotel we were told our room was'nt ready even though we were two hours late, and told not to come back to before 2.30pm, so we dumped our luggage and went for lunch,when we finely got our keys we asked for a fridge, did'nt have one will put you on the waiting list!! I explained that I am diabetic and needed a fridge for my medication not my problem I was told you just have to wait. I then went to see the rep Julia and explained about this,the attitude was just get on with it,by which time I had had enough and told her so in no uncertain terms what I thought of her and Thomas Cook. After 4 days an icebox arrived which was old and batter and must have been 5 yeas old, and I hade to pay $3.50 per day for this heap of rubbish.
Now for the room, which was clean, handle on the wardrobe door was broken also the chair on the balcony, the net curtais were so dirty my wife thought they were grey, no electric plugs at all. The bathroom needed a complete refurbishmet, paint peeling off the ceiling and chipped tiles and tolet seat, and the towels were grey and threadbear, the only plug was here and had to be used for any electrical applicances you had.
Now for the outside area could never get a sunbed, even though the hotel had notices up saying you could not reserve them and no towels before 9AM. if you did'nt get down before 8AM you never got one and no body in any thing about it. The grassed sunbathing are was cleaned about three days, by which time there were chrips packets papers and dogend every where. and the noise from the music was so bad I could hear it over my own headphones.
Now we come to the so called restaurant it was more like a canteen and the food much the same. The breakfast was the same every day un-eatable bacon, tastless susages, eggs custry on bottom and not cooked on top and cold, had a so called hard boiled egg one morning and it was so soft it run all over t he plate it was raw. The coffee machine alway run out every morning as did the juice machine, and there was no staff to re-fill them.
Now for dinner, before entering the Canteen you had to queue if you wanted a drink and pay for it then, a small bottel of water $1.90 at the supermarket same thing 15 cents some sort of profit. You then had to clear a table if you could find one as the staff were to busy, and use the same cutlery for every course as there was never any clean. The food was much the same every day salade which incorporated left overs from last nights dinner, soup always cold so had to be microwaved if you wanted to eat it, main course a roast every day beef you could mend our shoes with veg cold and swimming with garlic the fish was the same for eight days running, when it changed to salmon night the queue was so long we gave up, desserts were much the same every night and if you wanted ice ceam you had to queue again, one evening I counted 18 people queuing. The Spanish do not queue just push you out of the way to get to what they want and the older they are the worse they are, old ladies with sticks pocking you with them for you to get out of there way.
In the end we gave up and went out for our meals as we did'nt come on holiday to queue for our food and get battle scarred doing it.
Lastly I would like to say that the resort if lovely and really enjoyed it but the hotel was the worst I have ever stayed in, and I have been going abroad for 51 years, this is never a 4Star hotel more like a 1, and any body going take your boxing gloves as I have never met such rude load ignorant people ever. Brit's were the only people in the hotel with any manners, would I go again NEVER.

Room Tip: high floor much quieter
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank robert470
Reviewed September 11, 2012

My wife and I have been to the Sabinal twice before. This time we came back with our 6 year old grandson. The food has improved, the rooms are very clean and the reception staff are very good. I wish I could say the same about the rest of the staff. In all three visits we have found them unfriendly particularly the restaurant manager who only smiled and spoke when the guests were Spanish.
There is a large pool along with one for toddlers which is good although the surrounding area is very congested with sun beds.
I cannot coment on the quality of the evening entertainment as we previously found a great bar a short distance along the promenade, the Cafe Boulevard. The owners and staff are very friendly and there is live music every night.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank John L
Reviewed September 10, 2012

I have the celiac disease.
Before I went an holiday, I had sent an e-mail to the hotel if I could have glutenfree food.
They answered there was enough glutenfree food in the buffet.
I was happy to hear I could eat something but also dissapointed not to be sure if there was enough.

BUT when I arrived it was like a dream came true.
The kitchen staff knew everything about the celiac disease, i didn't have to explain anything.
They treated me like a princess.
Soon all the cooks knew I had to eat glutenfree.
When I entered the restaurant at the morning, they barely saw me coming , and they were already into the kitchen to bring me a glutenfree breakfast: I got 2 madeleines, 4 cookies, cereals and as many slices of bread I wanted to. I could also eat the cheese, eggs and yoghurts (danone) from the buffet.

In the afternoon and evening they always asked me what I wanted to eat. I could always eat the grilled fish or grilled meat and the steamed vegetables from the buffet. But though they asked me if I wanted something else. During the holiday, I got freshmade glutenfree pizza, spaghetti, potatoes, ....! Many times, I almost cried of happiness when I recieved the fresh glutenfree meal!
I could also get dessert if I wanted to: there was rice pudding, ice-cream, gelatine, coconut cookies, etc.

The chef cook is a very nice man. He was very worried about me, and wanted my food to be perfect.

My holiday was very terrific!
(I'm sorry if my 'english' wasn't very good ;) )

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank Steffi M
Reviewed September 3, 2012

I am an American and I stayed in Spain with my girlfriend for the first time.
We purchased a vacation using a travel agency and it was all inclusive.
When we first arrived we were given a room with two cot size single beds separated by a table. But we were told by the travel agency that we would have a double bed.
My girlfriend and I declared to the front deskf the room error and a Spanish national but English speaking man was called to speak with us. He stated we only ordered a single bed per the agency so I showed him the travel agency printout with the letters bed DBL. He went on to say this meant two people to a room!
My girlfriend is particularly beautiful and I wanted to say while pointing to her "I am with her and you won't me to sleep in a single bed?" but I just said hey I am an American and I need a bigger bed plus I paid for a double. I found he did not respond to a soft voice so I became authoritative and used a booming voice to get my way. It seemed to work. He said for us to check back the next day.

The next day we were given the option of a small room with two double beds or if we paid 8 Euro per day we could have the King bed in a newer section of the hotel. The king bed and room was perfect and definately worth the price. We took it.

Our meals were with the Spanish who were very unfriendly, pushy, unhappy, scowling and prideful. They had no plan to ever speak English and they were angry if I spoke to them in English. I wanted a peaceful time so I tried some of my High School Spanish and again they were offended. They didn't want my tounge speaking English, or Spanish. They took it upon themselves to belittle my speech and to now teach Spanish. Sometimes to enhance their education they would raise their voice. After a few episodes of this I would start to say Bueno repeatedly. That got them off their rant.
The food lines were rough. I felt like I was on the battlefield with Spanish great grandmothers and young Spanish teens cutting in line. Once I saw a grey haired 5 foot tall, seventy year old women push her way in front if me with her head down and shoulders squared. It was as if she saw some good old American football and wanted to try a blocking move on me. I let her have her way. I quickly learned to move slowly while in the food lines to prevent a collision.
The group of hotel guests were mainly elderly retired Spanish and many young spanish children under 16 . There is no doubt this place is for families. Avoid this place if you mind a multitude of crying babies and multiple grumpy elderly.

I did enjoy the sun and beach. The food
was good too.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Docinfl
Reviewed September 1, 2012

This is a great hotel which offers everything you need.

At the top of the list the food is great. If you can't find something that you like in the restaurant then it probably isn't available anywhere or you are so fussy that that nothing will satisfy you.

The rooms are fine. My wife and I had a wee problem in that we got locked in our room and it took two phone calls and about an hour an a half to be let out... There was a panic as we just about run out of bourbon. ...

The cleaning staff were brilliant. Friendly and polite. The room we had was always left clean and to a high standard.

High praise for the reception staff . Not sure how they keep their cool but they do. Always helpful and eager to assist.

The only wee fault was the pool ... great area and well supervised. The down side was the sun beds. Lots of signs saying that you couldn't leave towels etc on the beds but not enforced. Needs to be.

Not a big issue as the med is only 50 meters away so who wants to be beside a pool anyway.

P.S. Get a room on the 1st floor near to the reception end... you can get unlimited wi fi.

Room Tip: Get a room on the first floor close to the reception end... you can connect with the wi fi
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple