“My holiday has peaked early”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of San Rocco

San Rocco
Ranked #13 of 283 Restaurants in Roquetas de Mar
Good for: Kids, Business meetings, Special occasions, Dining on a budget, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: This restaurant opened in April 2010 and is facing the five star Hotel Portobello. This place has to be the best Italiant restaurant in Roquetas and the area.
“My holiday has peaked early”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

Well I decided to try my luck on my first night in the resort. I found this little Italian themed restaurant nestled in what I'd presume to be the seedier end of the resort. I say seedy since some of its closer neighbours appear to be strip clubs and an adults only slot machines arcade. Still.. It was my first night and I was hungry. I arrived at 7:30pm as they were opening (seems standard in Spain) and fancied something hearty. I was shown the specials and I quickly chose the steak in pepper sauce with butter-fried potatoes and ratatouille. It was STUNNING. Best word for it. Dessert was a master class too... A white chocolate cheesecake topped with fresh strawberries, whipped fresh cream and a thick strawberry sauce drizzled over it. All very nicely presented too.
Coffee is lavazza so was never going to disappoint. The beer was ice cold and the reception given was extremely warm.

One advisory... You WILL be approached on many occasions during your stay in Roquetas de Mar by beggars and tramps or roving salesmen with glasses and watches. They will drag up a chair and expect your money. Be hard and say no.

• Visited May 2013

Wigan, United Kingdom
“Must visit when near Roquetas”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

It's two years since my wife and I last visited the resort and this restaurant. The last time we ate here we were suitably impressed, this time we were amazed. Mara and Michael greeted us as if we were regulars and the service was perfect. The food, well, nothing short of amazing. Another reviewer says this is The best Italian outside of Italy and I cannot fault that statement. Unbelievably superb food at a reasonable price. Portions of a quantity to fill the hungriest of appetites. It may be another two years before we return to Roquetas De Mar, but one thing is definite, the first meal wil certainly be in San Rocco.

• Visited April 2013
Brooklyn, New York
“Lovely food and staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

Very high quality food at this Italian, family-run restaurant. We had a few different garlic breads to share as starters (with cheese, with tomato, etc), most of us had the black and white pasta with prawns for mains (delicious, fantastic flavours), and we all shared one of the famous cheesecakes for pudding. The dark chocolate one was my favourite, but everyone said they loved the white chocolate and strawberry one as well. To top it off, the staff were super friendly. Well worth a visit if in the area.

• Visited April 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Amazing food & service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

A hidden Gem - Amazing food & friendly service. Highly recommend we visit every time we holiday in Roquetas and it gets better each time.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Simon J
Manchester
“Incredible!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

Where to start?! This is by far the best restaurant in Roquetas De Mar!! The food is truly remarkable and cooked to absolute perfection, I sceptically ordered the black pasta and was not disappointed, I then finished it off with a cheese cake which was amazing! I would definitely recommend the two to anyone that dines at San Rocco. The atmosphere is great, the staff really make you feel comfortable and welcome, the value for money is great too, and I cant wait to visit again!! Definite 10/10!

• Visited July 2012