“SACK THE CHEF! * The meal was terrible. The staff were lovely, courteous & polite.” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hong Kong

Hong Kong
Ranked #85 of 278 Restaurants in Roquetas de Mar
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
london
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2011

I ordered Special Fried Rice. I have eaten this meal in UK many times over the years & this was the worst. It was like when you try doing it in the house when you're younger & don't know what you'ree doing. It was white rice as if boiled & then oil poured on it. an oily mess with no beef or chicken through it. It was oily white rice with very few shrimp & tiny bits of ham here or there (you had to search through it to find these bits.) It had a whole fried egg underneath the mound of rice, sat there hiding. On top of this pile of rice was a cheap, battered chicken fillet (like the one's you get in freezer section of supermarket.) It was not Chinese cuisine. That is what annoys me about chinese & indian food on holiday. The chefs are absolute crap & you think you're on a hidden camera tv programme waiting for your reaction to this awful food. I didn't tip the waitress & when i left i felt bad as it was NOT their fault that the chef is useless. The waitresses were polite, charming & very efficient. 2 stars for the food. 5 stars for the waitresses.

• Visited July 2011

Monasterevin, Ireland
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2010

After reading the previous review I thought I had to give this restarant a go, but I was dissapointed. While the stafff were very courtious and lovely and friendly the food just did not live up to my expecations. I know having read only one review I shouldn't have expected too much. My boyfriend ordered Beef in Black Bean and upon tasting it I have to say the sauce had a very gravy textrue and tast to it. I had Prawns in HOT sauce. The prawns themselves were yummy, fresh and flavoursome but the sauce was very dissapointing. The egg fried rice was as good as I'd make myself at home, tasty but just not quiet right! For starters I had skewered chicken satay, I think there was half a tub of peanut butter in there, I know it's a peanut based sauce but It was like they just melted down peanut butter and spread it over. I wound't not receommend it though as the food was fresh and cheap and the staff were so nice. It was very average though.

1 Thank Grozzyb
Ireland
“The best Chinese in Roquetas”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2010

Have been to this Chinese for years and never been dissapointed. Last year it seemed to have changed owners but the people are lovely. I was there with my husband in September and with my friend in October. On both occasions when we paid our bill the lovely people gave us a bottle of the house wine which is very nice to take with us. They really treated us so well and not to forget the food was excellent too.