“Amazing experience”

Gordia
Ranked #5 of 14 Restaurants in Ankaran
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Homemade wine; In Kolumban Slovenia, near Muggia Italy.
Reviewed April 24, 2014

The presentation of Gorida cuisine was amazing. The Chef knows how to presents his wine and excellent food with harmony and Mediterranean flavors. It's a slow food place,so take time when you are there and enjoy the beautifull view. Definitly this days I'm going to visit him and I'll try the new menu.

Reviewed April 5, 2014

In the past, this had long been a favorite of ours, featuring excellent fish, beautiful views and lovely local wine. But this time when we went it was clear that the owner had changed his focus.

After reading the T/A reviews here, my opinion was the same as Marco from Trieste: dishes were small, average, and overpriced. We asked for meals for kids and were told that they had only what was on the very small menu, and could not adjust anything at all because I guess the chef would get a headache. Or something. Some of us had the "tasting menu" which was not worth it, since everyone got hard risotto. When we ordered desserts, we had to have the "surprise" as ordained by the chef, none very tasty. The bill was quite expensive for what we ate.

Am calling this average because although the food was only fair and the service slow, it is a lovely room and there is adequate parking and decent wine. Sorry Gordia, we will miss you.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

I have been presented through the exceptional and unique presentation of Gordia House wines at wine events and dragged from the dedication that was radiating from the words, slightly retained, owner of Gordia house.
The presentation would not be complete if the owner didn't start to explain about the innovations that will come with the new upcoming slow food menu, which will be presented with a new seasons in Gordia House in Ankaran.

After my visit, I can say that Gordia House is for innovative Mediterranean cuisine lovers.
Something as special as it was their wine in harmony with extremely beautiful plates with amazing Mediterranean flavors, which made each dish unique, I’ve rarely seen before. From there you can see that the owner cooks with his heart.

Gordia House is the right address for those who are searching for new tastes in harmony with exceptional Gordia wine.

3  Thank ZivaPisot
Reviewed January 21, 2014

First of all, the wine is superb. You must try his Belo and his Malvazija. This guy knows his craft. It's orange and orange is what wine is all about nowadays if trendy and knowledgable is your way. The wine is macerated and aged in barrels. Heavy, full of mixed aromas, put simply, awesome.

Food is fantastic. Don't expect stakes and chips. The chef really is superb and innovative. Food is very authentic and original. It's a slow food place. Take your time and enjoy.

The setting is overlooking the most northern part of the Adriatic sea; Koper, Izola and Piran and on a sunny day simply takes your breath away.

Highly recommended.

Reviewed January 18, 2014

It was a couple of years ago when I asked a friend for a good seafood restaurant on the Slovenian coast. She did not hesitate and encouraged us to go to Gordia.

We were not big fans of seafood and we did not know what to expect. After the experience, we became great seafood eaters and fans of the Gordia restaurant and it's chef Andrej.

It became a ritual for us to leave the young one at my parent's and head for the coast to get spoiled by Andrej's family and his cooking. This family restaurant doesn't offer only great cooking but also makes you feel really welcome and comfortable. And their wine....!!

So my wife and me just sit down and let Andrej prepare the meal for us which usually consists of six to seven dishes. I can't even describe them because there is always something new. The menu depends on what the local fishermen catch on a particular day, because the food is always fresh. The side dishes and how everything is prepared also depends on the season.

The dishes that we really remember included scallops, big adriatic squids, fish carpaccios and their home made pasta.

But you can also visit Gordia just for their wine. In particular, their malvasia is one of the best wines we have ever tasted. Also ask them for their sparkling wine!

I would highly recommend Gordia in any season, during summer with their outside sitting area with the great view over the Slovenian coast, or during winter, with their open fireplace inside.

Can't wait to go back!