“Nice room, poor restaurant” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Apollo Hotel

Apollo Hotel
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Darlowo
Antwerp, Belgium
“Nice room, poor restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2014

nice hotel on the seaside, we were very grateful for upgrading the room. The room nr 10 is really fantastic. With huge balcony just in front of the hotel. Big, spacious room, with sofa, facilities for tea and coffee, big bathroom with bathrobes - wonderful!!! Staff kind and helpful. Unfortunatelly the restaurant is rather poor. You should expect more from 4 * hotel...Waiters don't know how to serve - we ordered soups and main dish, and nearly we got everything together! Amazing :( They still have to learn few things :(

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Rob188636

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Polish first
Cape Town Central, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

Invited to Darlowo, I received an email to state that I will be staying at this hotel so first thing I did was to come and check the reviews. The last one had me a bit worried, but all was not as it seemed.

Came to the hotel in rainy weather at around 8.30pm after having driven something like 10 hours or so from Bialystok - what a difference to my previous hotel. Wonderful room, extremely nice and comfortable bed, outstanding bathroom with gowns and all, shampoo and soap dispensers.

The room had two views, of the Ocean and town (hamlet) - large screen tv with many channels, an Gemini coffee machine (admittedly I am not a fan of Nescafe) with an assortment of coffee's. The machine gave me an "change filter" message, a call to reception where the first person spoke limited English and the next person then could - within minutes two people came to sort it out and my request for milk had a container with warm milk delivered as quick.

The room also has a well stocked fridge with an assortment of alcoholic and non beverages. It is also tastefully furnished.

Last night the wind was howling and other than some small noise, I slept peacefully to be woken by daylight. One can faintly hear the pounding of the waves and only by opening the door does one realise you right on the beach.

Breakfast is something that I rarely have but when travelling I have a light one and I was not disappointed. The cereal (corn flakes was fresh) as was the muesli. An assortment of salads and other vegetable stuff was on display and the waitron came to ask whether I would like something from the kitchen.

This morning was off to work and some sight-seeing and now back at the hotel until a bit later when I'm off to work again. I will be here for another 3 days and already have no doubts that I will enjoy my stay.

The staff is extremely courteous and friendly.

Naturally any place with wifi is a necessity and this room has an extremely good and fast connection. I could SKYPE my wife and daughters lasst night and today and showed them the room and sights via webcam and then they nagged that they would have loved to be here. It's places like this that makes me wish to have them with because I know they will enjoy it.

Outside is a kiddies park area with trampoline and on the first floor there is a table football (fussbal)

Room Tip: room no 23 - two views and balcony's - sea facing as well as sections of the town. Extremely qui...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank hoosainnarker
Aldbourne
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

The hotel restaurant is a joke. Poor quality food, bad service and when we ordered coffee at the end of the meal we were told that they had switched off the coffee machine. It was only 9pm. It was if no one really cared.

Room Tip: Try somewhere else to eat.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank Roger H

Travelers are raving about these Darlowo hotels

Erkelenz, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

We recently had our wedding in Apollo Hotel with most of our family staying for a long weekend. Service during the whole weekend was fantastic; all of the staff was friendly and very very helpful. Our guests were very impressed with the hotel itself, service and the food and I don’t think there is anything we could complain about. The wedding itself was great value for money, but i know our guests didn’t complain about prices for the rest of the days either. Rooms were nice and clean with beautiful views (especially the sea view rooms) and housekeepers were always happy to help. We really enjoyed the weekend and the staff made it so easy. I think this is a perfect place for weekend getaways or beachside holiday. Highly recommend!

Room Tip: choose a "sea view room" for a view and "park view room" if you want a little mo...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Maria K
Poznan, Poland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2011

The hotel is nicely situated, next to the beach. The staff was friendly and helpful. The room was warm, the meals great (especially the breakfast). I'll definitely go there again in the future. :-)

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BJ_Poz
Cracow
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2008

Over 200$ a night, this hotel was not even close to what it promised. "Directly at the beach" meant we could see a huge rotten pipe from our windows and there was a sea beyond it; beach dirty and a amusement park so close we could hear marry-go-around from the morning till late at night. The tarrace of seaview rooms is shared with two other rooms, so we had kids from other rooms literally running by our windows; you had to put the curtains down not to be seen. Plus, something I found most irritating - they did not clean the room (all the sand from the beach!)! they said they only do it if "please clean my room sign" is put on the door and refused to do it when we insisted.

One of the worst choices I ever made.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank Ninoczka
Also consider these accommodations in or near Darlowo
Hotel Lidia
#1 of 13 in Ustka
Royal Baltic
Royal Baltic
#2 of 13 in Ustka

Been to Apollo Hotel? Share your experiences!