“Great for all the family”
Review of Gardaland Park

Gardaland Park
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Live the adventure of Gardaland Resort, the first destination to have fun in Italy! Unforgettable emotions are waiting in the incredible Amusement Park, in a completely themed Aquarium and a fairy-like hotel.
Reviewed August 19, 2014

The park is perfect for all ages, you could spend 2-3 days here. Good value for money. Worth buying the season pass with fast pass tickets, although you have to remeber and take photo id (photocopy ok) on your first visit. Great rollercoasters.

Write a ReviewReviews (14,860)

Reviewed August 19, 2014

I visited gardaland this month in August. I decided to pay the premium express which had 14 unlimited rides and costed me €50 and I also had to pay the entrance free which is €37 which for me was not a problem since it would be a day of fun for me. After entering and starting my first ride I realized that the express tickets were being sold for €4 each ride. Since the normal lane had a maximum of 80 min waiting for each ride which for me waiting that long for a 2 to 4 min each ride was not worth it. At the end of the day with the premium express I only did 6 rides where I waited around 45 minutes due to the express tickets being sold inside. Keeping in mind I did not even do the best rides which are in the park. I suggest you should not even visit it in the months of summer.

6  Thank Matthew A
Reviewed August 19, 2014

We decided to go to Gardaland park in August, which is one of the worst months to go there. We bought our 50 euro fast pass for unlimited rides, but it turns out they were selling fast passes for 4 euro for each ride which you can only use once. Since many people actually did pay the 4 euro inside, it was difficult for us to actually use our fast pass since there where massive queues in both lanes. This was unfair on us because we paid a lot more than them and it was still extremely slow.
The park is extremely expensive and they clearly just care about the money they earn.
If you do go to Gardaland, I suggest you go from September onwards since it is extremely packed in the summer season, I also suggest that you buy food and drinks from elsewhere since it is not worth all the money you spend in that park for extremely horrible service

3  Thank Danielle S
Reviewed August 19, 2014

If you are visiting Lake Garda - Gardaland Park is not to be missed.

We visited the park on 27th July 2014. It was really busy and if it wasn't for the EXPRESS LANE which we purchased for almost EUR 50 ( 2 people ) we would have definitely missed many of the rides. ( not including the normal rate. )

In the afternoon, it gets really crazy which I think it is cause of special rates in the afternoon.

Madagascar show is fun ( but for families with children )

Favorite rides MAMMUT and COLORADO

1  Thank il-Williams16
Reviewed August 19, 2014

We decided to visit Gardaland on a Monday as we'd been advised that the weekends in August would be very busy.

Unfortunately it was still horrendously busy on the Monday.

The park costs €37 per person to get in (slightly cheaper for under 10's). We didn't get offered any fast passes at the entrance but you can get these inside. My issue with these are that the reasonably priced fast passes at €12 per person are zoned - and didn't really fit in with the rides we wanted, whereas if you wanted 1 that gave you a choice of different zones this would cost €50 per person - so as you can imagine it quickly gets very expensive if you are travelling as a family.

I did later see a 'fast-pass' for a specific attraction, and at €4 this seemed reasonable - however, I literally only saw this for 1 attraction.

I was also surprised that we didn't get handed a map at the entrance, instead I had to ask a guide who told me to obtain a map from the information desk. This in itself resulted in having to queue for about 10 minutes as there seemed to be a load of people having to fill in some complicated forms for some reason. I really do not understand why a map wasn't given at the entrance or why there weren't some available dotted around the park?

Anyway after this we made our way to the Voloplano ride. We found the sign-posting of this quite bad as initially we thought we were in the fast-pass queue and backtracked around to the other side - only to find there was no separate entrance and that the 'normal' entrance was also at the place located for the fast-pass one.

Anyway, after queuing for an hour and ten minutes we finally got to do the ride, which in-itself was OK but literally only lasted about 5 minutes. Your photo was taken as you went around and as we got of it was displayed on a screen. My daughter wanted it but unlike in England where there was an obvious till that you can go to who will try and sell you the photo in numerous different guises such as key-rings, or mouse-mats etc., there was no one to ask at the screen about how you actually went about getting a copy ( there are a number of buttons located near the screen but these are fakes and don't work). We therefore thought that we'd see somewhere as we went around - but didn't - so at the end of the day queued again at the Information Desk only for the person there to say something along the lines of "if you want your photo taken at Voloplano you have to go to Voloplano"!? We did go back there to see if we had missed anything obvious but hadn't and indeed saw a number of frustrated people trying to get their photos by 'pressing' the false buttons adjacent the screen.

We had hoped to finish our day by seeing Madagascar live at 4pm. However, we got there at about twenty-too when there was already a rush on to get in there. Unfortunately we didn't make it in and couldn't really face the 1-hour wait to the next show.

We returned to our hotel completely 'knackered' after doing just 4 rides with a total entrance cost of just under €100 and taxi fares of €65 return.

So, if you're thinking about attending at anytime in August be prepared for it being very busy and the park itself being poorly signposted in terms of instructions etc.

3  Thank Kevin S