“Great home cooking by the lake” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Brussels, Belgium
“Great home cooking by the lake”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

Great little restaurant just opposite the ferry landing at San Feliciano. This is the food you would have at home if you just happened to be married to a great Italian cook. The restaurant, like many Italian ones, lacks character, but when you are sitting outside and looking at the view it hardly matters. The food is excellent, the bruschetta with tomatoes from their own garden just divine. Wonderful home-made ice cream to round things off, and a great family feeling. In the evening there is a problem with midges and mosquitoes, but that is true anywhere near the lake, and not their problem. The green party put a stop to spraying the lakeside with insecticides a few years ago and this is the result. Stagnant water + no controls = insects.

• Visited August 2012

Warsaw, Poland
“Bad quality for a high price”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2012

Prices like in expensive restaurant, service and food like in a chip bar. Only the wine was good. The worst dinner in 2 weeks holiday in Italy. And the most expensive. My dish was without taste, my wife's was so tiny, that even a small child wouldn't be pleased. Horrilbe service, the say "yes" and do in other way.

• Visited July 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Umbria
“Nice atmosphere, decent food but a bit expensive”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2012

We went for a late lunch with my wife to this restaurant on a cold Sunday in January and we were starving.
The restaurant has a nice atmosphere and a lovely closed and windowed veranda with a view of the lake and we were happy to be basking in the sun as we ordered our meal.
I decided to have some tagliatelle with lake fish while my wife went for the ravioli.
Sad to say, I was the one that chose the worse of the food, since my wife's ravioli had a great flavor while my tagliatelle felt a bit bland.
The price also was a bit high considering the competition in the area and the food did not warrant that.
Anyways, we did have a great afternoon at the lake.
Back on the road and good eating.

• Visited January 2012