You stumble on this place not realising its proximity to Florence. A beautiful villa in lovely surroundings. I booked a double room which comprised an ample bathroom, large double bedroom and a spacious lounge with kitchen facilities - a large fridgefreezer, sink, dishwasher and gas hob.
The welcome from the hosts deserves special mention - extremely helpful and friendly - even remembering your name hours after check in. Free ADSL cable provided by the owner as the wifi did not reach my room. Breakfast delivered to room a lovely touch. My only minor gripe - check-out at 10am does seem extraordinarily early! I will be back and have extended my one night's stay to two!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa Poggio ai Merli is located on a panoramic hill at just 6 km from the historical Centre of Florence. It is characterized by a large park and amazing swimming-pool through the olives garden. The sixteenths century Villa is made up of elegant apartments and Suites: each of them are unique and well cared. The hotel services joined with the historical charm and breathtaking landscape make its unique. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Villa Poggio ai Merli reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Poggio Ai Merli
- Poggio Ai Merli Scandicci
- Villa Poggio Ai Merli Scandicci, Italy