“Best of Scandicci” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Best of Scandicci”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2012

We stayed 2 weeks in the Scandicci region, and did every day a Scandicci restaurant. This one came out as our favourite. Romantic, cosy, great terras, excellent price/quality ratio and most important, food was really marvellous. The service was great, even in a so typical Italian restaurant, all the staff did lots of efforts to make it very comfortable to us, 'foreigners', well done !!!

• Visited July 2012

Seattle, Washington
“Magical!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2012

A perfect evening with my family, seated on the elegant outdoor terrace in the beautiful hills overlooking Florence. Attentive service and fantastic food in a magnificent setting. We could have stayed all night!
We especially appreciated the friendly and helpful staff who answered our many questions about the menu, and entertained our efforts to speak Italian.
Everyone loved their food -- fresh, flavorful, plentiful, and beautifully presented. We were even invited to make our own espressos!
We can't wait to return. (if only it weren't so far from Seattle!)

• Visited August 2011
Florence
“I'll give them a second chance”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2012

We visited them in a very special occasion, and they shouldn't have failed.
I remember the GogoliRossi's atmosphere during the previous management, before a long period of stop, and unfortunately I haven't found the same as in my memory.

The food is still pretty good; we didn't get any starter and we began with the 'fettuccine ai funghi porcini e tartufi' and 'risotto al pistacchio', the first was really good while the latter much more ordinary. I tried the deer in bruberry souce while my wife selected the fish: both were good, but nothing special. I always see in an odd way the restaurants on the hill around Florence, which propose fish dishes, along with more traditional meet dishes, and they made even worst listing in the menu the 'frittura di calamari e seppie'. I think that this is more than anything else a clear explanation of my feeling there.
My dessert, the classic cheesecake with orange marmalade, again in line with the rest of the food, in Italy we say ‘senza lode nè infamia’.
They have a good selection of wine and the half a bottle of Chianti was our choice

As said the dining room was not much warm from both the climatic (a lot of cold air fluxes) and the accommodation. Finally, the waiters initially cordial and available, but just until the bill ...

The price is in the range of 90euro and this was acceptable

I’ll try once again, sometime.

• Visited December 2011