We spend a week in le Capanne in September. It was close to the end of season, so expect the hotel to be quite empty around here.
The first 2 nights we spend in a pretty dark apartment that was rather damp. Moreover we had limited direct view from the room and no view what so ever from our terasse. We were a quite disappointed with this. Fortunately the bathtub was leaking, so we were offered a much better apartment with a wonderful view of the sunset and no damp, which saved our stay.
Overall we find the hotel to be a mixed experience.
On the good side:
- Decent restaurant with very friendly service
- Nice pool area
- General nice shared outdoor areas
- A few of the apartments have direct view - (Try to get them!)
- Fantastic views from the shared outdoor areas.
- Good location for exploring Pisa and Lucca
On the down side
- Basic rooms - many without view and with damp
- Cleaning of rooms could be better
- Service pretty much non-existing
- Value for money seems on the low side
- Restaurant sometimes closed (no alternatives around)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The locals call this "paradiso," and quite rightly so. The Residence Capanne is well worth the steep and winding climb for its spectacular, unbeatable views extending to Pisa. From the pool and flowered terraces, Pisa can clearly by seen in the middle of the plain below and it is just 4 km down to the little spa town of San Giuliano Terme. Restoration of this 17th C villa, and its cleverly converted five adjacent buildings, provide varied accommodation and the setting for a delightful restaurant. Stone steps link pathways and apartments to the main courtyard of the villa, with a parking area above. We are able to offer two self-catering apartments, both with a slightly different aspect. Simply furnished, they are equipped with kitchenettes designed for only light holiday cooking, to encourage guests to take full advance of the restaurant. When this is closed, a pizzeria opens in the courtyard below. Apart from the obvious attraction of the Leaning Tower of Pisa, it is also easy to make day trips to Lucca, Florence or Siena. The nearest good sandy beaches are to the found at Tirrenia, a short drive from Pisa. The splendid nature reserve of San Rossore, which stretches along the coast from Pisa to Livorno, is also well worth a visit-although check with the local tourist offices for opening times, which are restricted. Apt. Studio (2 people): ground floor living area with double bed, kitchen corner, bathroom with shower. Private equipped terrace with view. Apt. Bilocale (2+2 people): ground or first Floor living/dining room with kitchen corner (equipped with fridge, freezer, gas fires), double sofa bed, double bedroom, bathroom. Private and equipped area Apt. Trilocale (4+2 people): ground or first Floor living/dining room with kitchen corner (equipped with fridge, freezer, gas fires), double sofa bed, double bedroom, twin bedroom, bathroom. Private and equipped area 8 Dbl bedrooms with bathroom have been recently introduced on the second floor of the main building . All with TV Sat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, HRS and Travelocity so you can book your Borgo degli Aranci reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Capanne Hotel San Giuliano Terme
- Borgo Degli Aranci Province Of Pisa/San Giuliano Terme, Italy