We enjoyed four nights in this hillside charm. However, our stay was not "hassle free". Upon arrival there was some trouble with our (prepaid!) booking, so we were offered a smaller room than we expected. The pool and pool area is very nice - with a spectacular hillside view. At dinner time it turned out that our table reservation had not been registered. You might want to do an extra check on this, since the drive to the nearest restaurant is more than 20 minutes on an unlit and winding road. We were offered to wait, and after 90 minutes we got a table (at that point our kids were nearly falling asleep). The wait was worth it (at least for the grownups). The food was excellent, and one of the best meals on our trip.
During high season this place is booked for weddings in the weekends. An Italian wedding is more or less a full day event... The restaurant is then closed (so you have to either stay at the pool, in your room or take the winding road down the hill). We really missed having a poolside bar or a small market up on the hill. So with two kids we had to plan ahead what to bring with us back up to the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The locals call this "paradiso," and quite rightly so. The Residence Capanne is well worth the steep and winding climb for its spectacular, unbeatable views extending to Pisa. From the pool and flowered terraces, Pisa can clearly by seen in the middle of the plain below and it is just 4 km down to the little spa town of San Giuliano Terme. Restoration of this 17th C villa, and its cleverly converted five adjacent buildings, provide varied accommodation and the setting for a delightful restaurant. Stone steps link pathways and apartments to the main courtyard of the villa, with a parking area above. We are able to offer two self-catering apartments, both with a slightly different aspect. Simply furnished, they are equipped with kitchenettes designed for only light holiday cooking, to encourage guests to take full advance of the restaurant. When this is closed, a pizzeria opens in the courtyard below. Apart from the obvious attraction of the Leaning Tower of Pisa, it is also easy to make day trips to Lucca, Florence or Siena. The nearest good sandy beaches are to the found at Tirrenia, a short drive from Pisa. The splendid nature reserve of San Rossore, which stretches along the coast from Pisa to Livorno, is also well worth a visit-although check with the local tourist offices for opening times, which are restricted. Apt. Studio (2 people): ground floor living area with double bed, kitchen corner, bathroom with shower. Private equipped terrace with view. Apt. Bilocale (2+2 people): ground or first Floor living/dining room with kitchen corner (equipped with fridge, freezer, gas fires), double sofa bed, double bedroom, bathroom. Private and equipped area Apt. Trilocale (4+2 people): ground or first Floor living/dining room with kitchen corner (equipped with fridge, freezer, gas fires), double sofa bed, double bedroom, twin bedroom, bathroom. Private and equipped area 8 Dbl bedrooms with bathroom have been recently introduced on the second floor of the main building . All with TV Sat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity and HRS so you can book your Borgo degli Aranci reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Capanne Hotel San Giuliano Terme
- Borgo Degli Aranci Province Of Pisa/San Giuliano Terme, Italy