We booked this excellent hotel for our honeymoon through Citalia Hotel and we weren't disappointed. This Hotel is beautiful - a marvellous building with very ornate ceilings but also very intimate so perfect for a honeymoon. We were warmly welcomed by the manager to a beautiful suite with a bottle of prosecco and fresh fruit awaiting us. We also got a free cocktail at the bar. The bed was incredibly comfortable also (which makes a change as normally foreign beds are very hard). We also got free slippers to wear and the standard of cleanliness was absolutely brillant. The maid cleaned the room three times a day, arranged my nightwear and overall did a marvellous job. There were also heavy shutters in the room to completely black out the room which helps you sleep better also as the windows were pretty large and so otherwise the level of light could wake you otherwise.
The hotel was very quiet when we stayed but this suited us as it was our honeymoon and it seemed a place more for couples as there weren't any children. The bar was very expensive though and we only used it once for that reason - preferring to have a bottle of chianti in the local restaurants at night.
The spa facilities are excellent especially the heated indoor pool with natural spa water - we used it every day. I had an all over massage treatment which was lovely - if a bit on the pricey side - 90 Euros!
We were glad though that we only went on a B & B basis as the food is very healthy (a bit too much so for on holiday) and more catering for those on a proper health farm type visit! Having said that for thebreakfast, I enjoyed the fresh fruit salad and croissants. But don't expect bran flakes, weetabix etc and normal toast - they don't exist! We ate out in the local restaurants ( two of them within minutes of the Hotel walking distance) which were perfectly reasonably priced and very traditional - doesn't seem to be built so much for tourists so it feels much more authentic and charming, The waiting staff didn't seem to speak much English though so it was more of a guessing game with the menu and we had to use a translation book to work out the menu. Definitely worth a try is the traditional pork cooked in the oven for a long time in a red wine and olive sauce - gorgeous.
You really need a car to make the most of Tuscany as this hotel is in a small village with no shops (apart from a few grocery shops). We fortunately had hired a car and took our Tom Tom (which did at times get confused - went round the motorway in a loop - but ok in the end. We thoroughly enjoyed visiting Pisa which is very close by - about 15 mins drive from the Hotel and a lovely town called Lucca is also worth a visit. We also went on a Wine tour in the Chianti part of Tuscany - this took around 1 and a half hours to get to but well worth it! This part of Tuscany is beautiful - so picturesque - I really want to go back there.
Florence is also worth a look - although quite a drive - over an hour from this Hotel and it rained when we arrived - very heavily - so we didn't stay for long. You have to really book a lot of the museums etc well in advance as the queues are massive.
This holiday and location is fantastic if you are more of a culture vulture, love Chianti, green countryside, good wholesome Italian food which we do - and not for you if you just want a beach holiday holiday, sunbathing and tacky touristy bars/entertainment, Englified food etc,
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An elegant 5-star resort affiliated with "The Leading Small Hotels of the World," prestigious brand of the luxury hotellerie, completed by a large thermal Spa, with the brand "Leading Spa." Set amid the gentle hills of Tuscany and kissed by the scented winds of the Mediterranean sea, Bagni di Pisa Palace is a magnificent and sumptuous building of great historical value. Now lovingly restored to its original splendor, it was once owned by the Grand Duke of Tuscany and chosen by the European aristocracy as a place to spend their summer holidays. Dating back to the 18th century, the building is set in a beautiful park of olive trees and combines classical architecture with modern facilities. Accommodation ranges from well-designed comfort to elegant and spacious suites, which have separate living rooms, marble baths and original 18th-century frescoes. Groups visiting this luxurious hotel have access to modern meeting facilities, to a refined spa and thermal centre, as well as plenty of outdoor leisure activities in the natural surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Hotwire, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com and Travelocity so you can book your Bagni di Pisa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bagni Di Pisa Palace Hotel San Giuliano Terme
- Bagni Di Pisa Palace And Spa
- Bagni Di Pisa Natural Hotel
- Bagni Di Pisa Natural Resort
- Bagni Di Pisa Province Of Pisa/San Giuliano Terme, Italy