All reviews pisa airport final night regis century grandeur wedding suite tuscany
Reviewed July 24, 2016

This great property just captured my heart and it was my favorite stay in Italy. It's just magical, and it takes you a way back in history.
It has a great garden in front and back, very friendly and most helpful staff, so we really enjoyed it and would surely come back again one day.
Rooms are big and clean, bathroom is slightly small, but it works great, so there is nothing that can really spoil your stay in this heaven.

Date of stay: July 2016
Reviewed July 16, 2016 via mobile

Stayed here many times over years and most recently we were hosted by Marco & his lovely wife. They have improved the villa and services 100% since they took over managing it. For anyone visiting Lucca, Pisa, Florence & Versilia, this is the best hotel to stay in if you enjoy history - the guest list reportedly runs from Royals, Kennedy's, Byron & Shelley etc. Ask Marco for details of who may have given Mary Shelley information that led to an idea for Frankenstein! A fascinating & beautiful place to stay.

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 7, 2016

The room are set in a renaissance buidling which has been restaured. The room have plenty of space and the style in the best of the renaissance period gives a very quaint atmosphere to the stay. The staff is very helpful and nice.

Date of stay: April 2016
1  Thank Philippe V
Reviewed July 3, 2016

I am very grateful that we found Relais Dell'Ussero. We were flying out of Pisa after being in Tuscany for 10 days and of course wanted to do the obligatory trip to the leaning tower. But all of the hotels that I found in Pisa looked...not great. We found Relais dell'Ussero and that they still had space! The building is amazing with fantastic history, beautiful art, and a lovely setting. It was the perfect place for us to spend our last nights in Italy. My children got to run and play on the lawn. They felt like they were exploring as they found turtles and frogs. My husband and I got to relax on some lawn chairs, drinking wine, and overlooking a beautiful view. The room we stayed in had the remains of a painted floor and oozed history. We did take the bus into Pisa which was a bit challenging - it was only running once an hour and we just missed it for our return. But, we called a cab and were back to this relaxing retreat in no time. The other downside is that the bathroom was a bit small - at least by American standards. But, Marco and Camilla were lovely hostesses. And the owner and staff at the restaurant next door were also very gracious. It was a wonderfully memorable stay and I'm so glad we got to stay there!

Date of stay: June 2016
Reviewed July 2, 2016

My partner and I stayed 5 nights at this wonderful 15th century country house with a lovely park and had a really relaxing time. Camilla and Marco were such wonderful hosts that we felt like house guests. The villa was on the bus route (E03) between Pisa Airport (via Pisa) and Lucca and the bus stops were right outside it. There was a restaurant on site. When it's closed on Tuesday, the villa offered a special Tuscany dinner for guests in a relaxed atmosphere. Our room was clean and spacious with a large comfortable bed, the free wi-fi in the room worked very well. The breakfast was great with freshly made pastries and savoury dishes. It is worth making this a base for visiting Tuscany rather than passing through for one night. At least 3 nights are required to really appreciate what this fine country house and its wonderful hosts

Date of stay: June 2016