Agriturismo Bonello
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Podre al Salcio(San Quirico d'Orcia)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Residence San Gregorio(Pienza)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
Hotel Palazzuolo(San Quirico d'Orcia)
View Hotel
All reviewsthe ownerthree bedroom apartmentlucahillagriturismovalleyfarmhousescenery
Reviewed November 15, 2012

I've been to Italy for a week, and I would like to send HUGE big thanks to Luca for saving my "Tuscany part"! He really went an extra mile, and helped me to find a rental car on a Saturday evening ( dead time in Europe) after I was late to pick up one I originally booked in Sienna. I arrived at Bonello by bus completely hopeless, but Luca found for me a car in Chiusi and arranged taxi to get there... So I had a wonderful time exploring this magnificent area!
The place itself was nice, quiet with relaxing atmosphere. I completely forgot about the hustle and bustle while being there. The apartment I slept in, was enormous, clean and quite authentic, and their Saturday dinner was my best gourmand experience in Italy, Bravo!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We loved our stay at Bonello. The location is beautiful (it was also a bit farther than we expected - if you think you've gone too far, go another ten minutes and you'll find it!). We did one of the hosted dinners, which ended long after the food was served, drinking grappa and talking with new friends - and there was more food than I could ever have eaten; they were also very helpful in making me a vegetarian option.

Luca is the real gem - very friendly and knowledgeable, he has lots of resources for visitors and the map he gave us was invaluable.

You are staying in the middle of the country, so expect a fly or two. But the room and bathroom were large; and the fridge was stocked with wine glasses and a wine opener, which was perfect after a day at the enotecas.

We hope to come back to Tuscany someday and we would definitely come back here.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 16, 2012

An excellent location, beautiful rooms, delicious food at brekfast ( I could not try restaurant), humble and workers owners. The view at dawn and sunset from this hill worts the trip. A wonderful pool, a delicious stone, and speaceful rooms complte the picture. I would love to mention Mrs. tosca and his tasty cakes! My deepest compliments! Keep as you are! I will return soon.

Room Tip: Book on time!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 14, 2012

My husband and I just got back from a 16 day holiday in Italy. We stayed in Tuscany for eight nights and all of our nights were spent at the Bonello farmhouse. The location is beyond PERFECT - when you see a postcard of Tuscany, this is exactly what it looks like (the only thing missing were the sunflowers and that's because we went in October). Luca (the owner) is very helpful and his parents are super sweet (I enjoyed seeing his mother every morning during breakfast). Bonello is also centrally located if you want to visit other towns by car. We highly recommend Bonello - this vacation felt like the honeymoon we never had (15 years ago). We have been traveling for many years and we can truly say that our stay at Bonello has been one of the best experiences we've had. You can't help but feel inspired when you are surrounded by so much beauty. On a side note - you can drive to the town of Cortona (this is where "Under the Tuscan Sun" was filmed).

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 3, 2012

This was our first visit to Tuscany but unfortunately, it was only for 3 nights. There is so much to see in this region, both historically and culturally, and then there is the food - wow. This peaceful Agriturismo is so well situated, just a few kilometers from Pienza and just over 40kms to the very beautiful World Heritage site of Siena - the capital city of the province. The family running the Agriturismo is very warm-hearted, welcoming and helpful, and the homemade cakes are truly fantastic. We would highly recommend this Agriturismo and we certainly look forward to returning again soon.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family