“great view, good food but cold...”

Agriturismo Ristorante La Fonte
Ranked #3 of 56 Restaurants in Pienza
Cuisines: Italian, Steakhouse, Gastropub
Good for: Scenic view, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 3, 2014

Good food, good value, great view, nice hosts but food was cold; specifically the steak and my coffee at the end... Almost five stars. Would recommend to others.

Reviewed July 4, 2014

We sat there to view the sunset which was beautiful. The food started out great, we had the pecorino shepherd cheese platter which was delicious. My husband then had a pasta with cacio pepe which was good but somewhat plain and I had pici which was plain as we'll.

The restaurant needs to separate smokers from non smokers. The people next to us lit up and my husband was forced to leave the table twice as he could not breathe.

I had the strawberry cheesecake ( forgot the Italian name) which was not as good compared to the rest of the food. I did not finish my dessert which is always a first.

I recommend people come here for farm to table food and the romantic view.

Reviewed June 7, 2014

Title says it all, except I have to add that the staff is actually exceptional, helpful, courteous, and the prices are very reasonable. Convenient parking lot. Call for reservations. Open for lunch & dinner.

The driveway (little dirt road) is marked, and is just off the SS146.

Reviewed May 6, 2014

A wonderful place to enjoy a long Italian lunch. The produce is fresh, locally sourced. The traditional Tuscan dishes are flawlessly prepared and an absolute treat. The service was warm and most accommodating. If you are looking for a great meal, beautiful views and good service you may wish to stop at La Fonte.

1  Thank TheKiwiWanderers
Reviewed January 25, 2014

If you like farm fresh food, incredible views, good wine, a warm summer evening, and beautiful sunsets, then this is the place for you! I wish we could have eaten here again, but we had limited time and wanted to explore other restaurants. Get there early or make reservations as we saw many people turned away. The only negative part of our experience was a very loud extended family who could not keep their children under control. Other locals made it very clear that they were not the typical Italian family ;) I'll let the pictures explain the rest!

1  Thank schneiks