“Mother and daughter family trattoria” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Mensa del Conte

La Mensa del Conte
Ranked #19 of 52 Restaurants in Pienza
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Mother and daughter family trattoria”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

My husband and I are vegetarians, and found many great choices for dinner in this family-run, unpretentious trattoria and pizzeria. Warm cannellini beans, platter of several different Pecorino sheep cheese (specialty of Pienza)--fresh, aged, and stages in between. Nice after only having aged grated Pecorino in USA. Ravioli with spinach and buttermilk curds in fresh tomato sauce. Homemade spaghetti with funghi and truffle oil. Good house wine, cold Moretti birra. Our waitress, daughter of the cook (her mother) recited to me (in good English) her recipe for the eggy spaghetti she had made that day. Great personal service. A delightful home-cooked meal in a small trattoria (and take-out pizzeria in the front) that made us feel like family.

• Visited October 2013

• Polish first
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Authentic Tuscan food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

Friendly service by Rita and Rubina. We enjoyed our meal. Authentic Tuscan food. Easy to find. Before the entrance to the town. Easy parking. Enjoy!

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank debbiek4
“Simply awful, one to avoid”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

The tragedy of this restaurant is that there are so many good ones to choose from in Pienza and yet the staff here can barely manage to raise their game above being rude.

The food is very middle of the road, but cheap so just about excusable. What I cannot excuse is food poisoning and being treated like something the staff had just scraped off their shoe when spending money in their restaurant.

Go anywhere else in Pienza, but do yourselves a favour and avoid this place

Visited September 2013
Kingsbridge, United Kingdom
“Wouldnt Go Back!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

I just dropped in for a coffee and a cake on my way through this beautiful town. The glum faces on the staff and the grunts when I asked them for coffee were not what I expect from someone getting a little business from me. There are plenty of places in Pienza to choose from but I had not been in here before. When I came to pay I had to wait for the staff to finish serving someone, serve another customer who came in after me and then.....the thing with places like this in tourist hotspots is the prices are different for locals and tourists. I speak Italian, I knew what the man (a local) in front of me had and yet, for the same thing, I was charged 1 Euro more PLUS i only got a grunt when I paid it. Stupid Me! Avoid, Avoid, Avoid!

• Visited August 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Zurich, Switzerland
“A basic but reliable place for Pizze and Coffe”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

Ate here twice on our stay. The Del Conte Pizza with Pecorino and Truffle oil was our favorite. A simple sit Dow place with good prices and dependable food. Worth a visit for lunch or dinner.

Visited June 2013