“Simply awful, one to avoid”
Review of La Mensa del Conte

La Mensa del Conte
Ranked #14 of 57 Restaurants in Pienza
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
“Simply awful, one to avoid”
Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

The tragedy of this restaurant is that there are so many good ones to choose from in Pienza and yet the staff here can barely manage to raise their game above being rude.

The food is very middle of the road, but cheap so just about excusable. What I cannot excuse is food poisoning and being treated like something the staff had just scraped off their shoe when spending money in their restaurant.

Go anywhere else in Pienza, but do yourselves a favour and avoid this place

Visited September 2013

• Polish first
Kingsbridge, United Kingdom
“Wouldnt Go Back!!”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I just dropped in for a coffee and a cake on my way through this beautiful town. The glum faces on the staff and the grunts when I asked them for coffee were not what I expect from someone getting a little business from me. There are plenty of places in Pienza to choose from but I had not been in here before. When I came to pay I had to wait for the staff to finish serving someone, serve another customer who came in after me and then.....the thing with places like this in tourist hotspots is the prices are different for locals and tourists. I speak Italian, I knew what the man (a local) in front of me had and yet, for the same thing, I was charged 1 Euro more PLUS i only got a grunt when I paid it. Stupid Me! Avoid, Avoid, Avoid!

• Visited August 2013
Zurich, Switzerland
“A basic but reliable place for Pizze and Coffe”
Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

Ate here twice on our stay. The Del Conte Pizza with Pecorino and Truffle oil was our favorite. A simple sit Dow place with good prices and dependable food. Worth a visit for lunch or dinner.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Chiefguide
“excellent pizza”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Visited here twice and had pizza both times.
Definitely the best pizza I've had in Italy so far (I'm on day 8 of a 14 day holiday).
Its not high glamour but a great place to stop off.

• Visited May 2013
Zuid Scharwoude
“simple but good”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

In the morning a coffee bar, in the evening a ristorante. Small menu, simple dishes but like mamma would make them. Not something to impress your first date, but OK to feed yourself.

Visited October 2012