“Great!!!”

Hotel Corsignano - Pienza
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Pienza
Reviewed November 11, 2013

My wife and I usually stay in Montalcino at the sister hotel but it was closed for renovation. The hotel is just great!!! Great location, great staff and just renovated. We will stay here next time fir sure!!!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Dan B

Reviewed November 2, 2013

Just for reference so you can understand our point of view when reading below, we are a middle age Canadian couple of European background well traveled judging by the fact that our fridge is running out of space for magnets. This review is written from the perspective of both myself and my wife.

Hotel overall impression
We were quite impressed by the quality of the hotel, very clean, staff that is very friendly and professional, the building looks great on the outside and inside. There is great attention for details in the decoration of the hotel, the services that are being offered and overall you see a distinct desire to create a welcoming warm environment. We consider this to be an upscale hotel.

Location
This hotel is located on the main street that crosses the very picturesque town of Pienza. From the hotel is easy to reach each corner of the town by foot. Going up the old street (pedestrian, no car) there's plenty of small shops and restaurants. Parking is provided on the side street (extra cost) where the hotel has dedicated parking spots. At the time when we visited there was a festival going on and parking was busy but the staff was great to direct us on how and where to park.

Room
Bright contemporary style room with sparkling floors and glass shower enclosure. The toilet located in a separate room from the bathroom. Very clean, the AC was very quiet at night and the bed also great (we like it a bit on the firm side). There is even a phone in the bathroom, and there is a small fridge in the room as well.

Breakfast - we had breakfast included at this hotel and it was good, maybe not as much matching our morning eating habits (I tend to eat like athletes in the morning, eggs and sausage and toast, vegetables, etc, lots of calories) but of good quality for sure. Cold cuts, cheeses, bread of more than one kind, even some whole wheat bread (which is not as popular in Italy from what we've seen). There's also jams, fruits, butter, coffee and juice. The breakfast service was very friendly and always there when needed. Of course the espresso or cappuccino served to perfection, simply great. It was funny that aiming to please and knowing that we are from Canada we were being asked every morning if we want coffee Americano which we always declined with a smile and opted for cappuccino.

Amenities
There is an outdoor spa terrace on the first floor (above the ground floor) with 7-8 sun beds of good quality and 2 whirlpool tubs and nicely decorated with umbrellas and some plants. It looked like a great spot for resting at the end of the day although we did not find the time to use it. You can get a robe and slippers for using the spa from the reception.
Also on the main floor there is a PC for internet access for a small fee, but there is also free WIFI access which works quite well, in case you have your own device.
There are great armchairs and some couches to rest on and socialize with other tourists in this lobby, some books and magazines as well. I watched some great Italian soccer one evening.

A great thanks to the staff at the reception. They went above the duty and helped me out with reaching on the phone to the Canadian bank I deal with to resolve an issue with my credit card that was suspended due to a suspicious transaction. It took 15 minutes of waiting time before I could get them on the phone and I used the phone at the reception for this. This credit card issue created a great deal of anxiety for us, we were thinking that if the debit card will also be suspended we are left with a few euros in our pocket and will be unable to continue our vacation, or even get back home, or not be able to even pay for the hotel.
Lesson learned, always tell your bank that you are traveling abroad so that they don't suspend your credit card "for your security and protection".

Room Tip: I believe all rooms are of same top quality so no reason to pick one over another.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Marcopolo40
Reviewed November 1, 2013

We chose to stay in Pienza due to its central geographic location to meet this region's most southern Tuscany.

It turned out to be a very happy choice, because the city is a little gem. Also impressed me the view and the number of restaurants.

The hotel is very nice, clean and well located, but is beginning to show signs of age. We stayed in a superior room, spacious with a wonderful bathroom. The bed is big but not king size, and room decor is relatively simple.

The breakfast is good with some variety.

By the rate I paid, I can´t complain. The cost X benefit of this hotel is fantastic.

One point that was well above average was the service. Ana Claudia was wonderful with excelent local tips and made an effort above expectations to please us. I feel we were spoiled by her.

A tip. The parking of the hotel has space for a few cars, but in the end of the street there is a free public parking.

Room Tip: If you can, ask for a room in the back. The road to Pienza is in front of the hotel and noise can be...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Hotel Corsignango could be, perfectly, a five stars Hotel. It even offer us amenities just found in very expensive hotels. For instance: there was nice robes in the right size in our room. The room service is unique. The maid were very good. In our first night, we got late (8 or 9 PM) and let our things in the room and went out to dinner. When we got back, the room was cleaned and tidy again (in the late night!). That’s small things which make it count.
Once I made my book, a asked to have a Val D’Orcia view. They answered me that booked a room in this way. And, in fact, that was a VERY nice view.
I can’t fail to mention Claudia, the Brazilian receptionist. A very sweet and helpful person, who was everytime ready to help. Off course the fact of she speaks my language has to be considered. That’s because I also has to mention he other receptionist as Elianora, who was very helpful.
I do recommend this Hotel. Pienza is very nice place to stay by itself and to know the Val D’orcia.

Room Tip: Room with a Val D'Orcia view.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank FelipeSnege
Reviewed September 16, 2013

3 adult members of my family and I recently stayed at this hotel. The rooms were fantastic and the staff were always happy and eager to help. Would highly recommend. Pienza is a lovely village and this hotel was ideally situated to explore the village and surrounding area.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back have the best views.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 13, 2013

We stayed at the lovely Hotel Corsignano in Pienza during the second week in August. First off, the hotel staff are just top-notch and make your stay warm and comfortable. Kudos also to the restaurant staff - the waiters are super-professional and make breakfast and dinner and experience. (Excellent choices for the dinner menu - try the "two friends" selections for delicious variations on the chef's creations). The location is easy access to the wonderful historic center of Pienza and not far from the hiking trail start for a white road adventure to San Quirico D'Orcia. The rooms were modern, clean and tastefully decorated with beautiful, modern restrooms. We enjoyed a beautiful view over the Val D'Orcia. The reception staff were super helpful and friendly, they even manned the reception bar for us to enjoy an ice cold campari soda after a long day touring. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Don't forget about the lovely Jacuzzi's on the patio.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Paul C
Reviewed September 13, 2013

A wine tour in Tuscany by our wine club group of 26 travellers. We stayed for four nights at Hotel Corsignano and were very satisfied. Nice and peaceful rooms, decent breakfast, good food and wine. Charming old town Pienza just around the corner. Friendly service and reasonble prices - nothing to complaint.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank PenaTe
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pienza
Hotel Residence San Gregorio
Il Chiostro di Pienza
Piccolo Hotel La Valle Pienza
Hotel Osteria Dell'Orcia
Hotel Osteria Dell'Orcia
#1 of 3 in Castiglione D'Orcia
Hotel Palazzo del Capitano Exclusive Wellness & Relais
Hotel Palazzo del Capitano Exclu...
#1 of 4 in San Quirico d'Orcia
No photo provided
L'angolo di Pienza
#7 of 7 in Pienza

Been to Hotel Corsignano - Pienza? Share your experiences!