“FINALLY, REAL GELATO!”

Gelateria Toscana
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Seating
Description: 30 flavours of home made gelato and biscuits produced by our maestro gelatiere following the traditional receipes of univesita' dei sapori di perugia and using the finest ingredients from our territory. We also offer a wide selection of cakes. Our unique offer in val d'orcia includes gelato with panforte, with pecorino, with extravirgin olive oil, with ricotta cheese and we make a great wine sorbet, using the best wineries of montepulciano and montalcino. We also have a wide selection of flavours for the children. We always incourage our clients to taste for free the flavours before choosing and we have a big terrace just at the entrance of pienza. We speak english, spanish and a little of german. Our gelateria and the terrace is free wi-fi for our clients.
Scottsdale, Arizona
“FINALLY, REAL GELATO!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

Thank you Ignacio, you made us believe in gelato again. We visited In April 2013( sorry for the delay) on a Girosole tour and we walked into this cute gelateria. the taste was magnifico and Ignacio was very patient in explaining the different flavors. The servings were awesome. In short, this is a true Gelateria and You leave satisfied and wanting to return for more.

• Visited April 2013

• Polish first
Portland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best gelato in Tuscany!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

I have been on a gelato tour of Tuscany for the last week, sampling gelaterias in many small towns, often 2 per day! The olive oil & basil here is the best by far, of anywhere else in the region. The dark chocolate is nearly black, a mix between gelato and fudge almost! All flavors are made by the owner, who takes great pride in his work (as he should with these results). I love this place - a MUST on any visit to Pienza.

• Visited June 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Gelato so good ... you will find it hard to stop trying more flavours,”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

Pienza is the most picturesque and serene town, it is a "must see turcan destination so after visiting Palazzo Piccolomini we strongly reccomend you enjoy a delicious gelato here, there is a generous selection of tradicional milk based gelato and also milk free flavours, the sevice is charming and you can sit both indoors in the cool or sit and watch the world go by.
They also have tiny gelato roulades and gelato based puddings totake away. HIGHLY RECCOMENDED !

• Visited June 2013
Rome, Lazio, Italy
“Yum!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

I liked that this place tells you which flavors have ingredients from Italy or all local Tuscan ingredients. The gelato was thick and almost chewy which I thought was good. I recommend it!

Visited April 2013
London, England, United Kingdom
“Mamma mia, what a gelato!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

In this glacial weather I wouldn't normally be inclined to go for ice cream, but I had heard so much about this family run gelateria, I had to try it.
What can I say, I'm in love.
I love the selection of flavours, which include olive oil, pecorino cheese and hibiscus flower amongst many others. But it's the traditional flavours that really had me swooning.
Each mouthful of their dark chocolate is like being serenaded by angels.
And I absolutely loved the friendly service.

DON'T MISS THIS!!!