“Friendly, Good food, good value”

Ristorante Dal Falco
Ranked #19 of 58 Restaurants in Pienza
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 20, 2013

We dined in this restaurant twice while we stayed near Pienza. The owners and waiters were friendly. Food was good, the restaurant showcase Tuscany cuisine. The pasta was good though mostly served in meat sauce (cinghiale or beef). Main course also tended to be wild boar, beef/steak or pork. Gnocchis were the few selection without meat. I also tried the vegetable soup which was delicious. For those who are not crazy about meat or dairy, i'm afraid they wont have much to eat. But then again many of the restaurants in this region have very similar menus. The dessert from this restaurant was very good.

One minor point: We were a large party and so our food arrived rather slowly. Our dinners typically lasted more than 3 hours both times at this restaurant. That is the kitchen wasn't efficient for large parties.

All in all it was one of the better restaurants we dined in this region. I would recommend to other travelers if they intend to dine in Pienza.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

Portions were huge so I was no able to partake of Calamari by the time it arrived w the other portions, but all delicious.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Very nice place, pleasant staff trying hard to please..fresh pasta's excellent anlog with there steak and pork!

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Good lunch, good atmosphere. Food on whole was good but overpriced for what it was. We ate cold cuts & cheese antipasti (very small for 12 euros), pork loin, wild boar. Lunch for two people was 70 euros with no pudding. Would try somewhere else if we return to pienza.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

I was in Italy on a study abroad course. My professor recommended this restaurant and said its the only place left in Pienza to get homemade picci. It was honestly the best pasta I had throughout my entire trip and I've been desperately searching for it since I got home. The service was great, and you should definitely try a local white wine while you're there. Also the boar sauce!