“the view made it even better!”

Terrazza Val D'Orcia
Ranked #25 of 56 Restaurants in Pienza
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Kids, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
harrisburg, PA
“the view made it even better!”
Reviewed July 18, 2011

My kids, husband and I went to this restaurant upon recommendation of our agriturismo and the first thing we fell in love with was the view of the hills of Tuscany from their outdoor terrace. Beautiful! By the time we left, the place was packed and I can see why. While our food was good, one thing absolutely stood out...the gnocchi with butter and sage. It was light as a feather, melted in the mouth and was beautifully arranged on the plate. I'd like some now! A bit of a problem when paying the bill. A different waiter said he'd give us a discount if we would pay in cash and quoted a price. We said we'd still like to see the bill and the total was slightly less than his "discount price". Hmmm! We paid with a credit card, but I would still go back for the view and that gnocchi!!!

• Visited July 2011

London
“An excellent Tuscan restaurant”
Reviewed December 6, 2010

I will always include this as one of the restaurants on the specialised group tours of Tuscany that we create. My experience of eating on the terrace overlooking Val D'Orcia as the summer sun sets in the west. try the excellent ribollita soup, or the gnocchi that melt in the mouth. The menus will have changed i am sure but i found the staff excellent and always happy to help.

i really cant wait to go back