“Great!”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed August 29, 2013

A very small establishment which means one is looked after very well! A little treasure in Pienza, where over the last ten days we have been longing to have a decent salad with our meals, and not just ordinary lettuce with tomato and grated carrot! The ricotta stuffed pasta was with sage the lightest I have had, my only wee criticism was that it needed more seasoning but it didn't really matter. Would happily recommend this place.

There are newer reviews for La Buca di Enea

Reviewed August 1, 2013

We arrived to Pienza, starving, during "siesta time" and all restaurants were closed. We ended up going to the information office to ask if there is ANYTHING open. the lady was very nice, called the owner of La buca di enea to find out whether he is open and has a room from 6 people and showed us the way. Since Pienza is small it was very easy to find. After opening the door, we were hit by a smell of cheeses. We were considering leaving the place (as it was hot a the smell was heavy in such a hot day) but we decided to stay. The best decision ever. starting with antipasti, ending with dessert, everything was amazingly tasty. We were there alone (the place is really small so there were 2 small tables left after we got seated). It has a great charm, the owner is very nice host and after few minutes we completely forgot about the cheese smell. Before we left, a family came in but there were also considering whether to stay because of the cheese smell. We made them stay because we said it was the best food we had on our trip and they will not regret. I hope they did not :-). Highly recommened a visit here!

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Best place in Pienza lovely owners and the food is wonderful. Tiny place but that adds to the experience. Would go back , my partner forgot his glasses and the owner offered his for the evening !!

Reviewed July 20, 2013

We ate at this small, 6-7 table, restaurant each night we were in Pienza. Food was well-prepared, hospitality was honest and friendly, prices good. The "Buca" offered an opportunity to visit with other tourists and diners--we met folks from the states and from Russia! This place has a family feel to it, and I celebrated my birthday here. The owners bought an ice cream cake in my honor, and helped me share it with other customers. Sometimes the wait was long--we learned to make reservations! Don't miss this wonderful testament to true Italian experience and food when you're in Tuscany.

1  Thank mary c
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Apart from the delicious food, the friendly service and quaint, relaxing ambience made for a great late lunch, and then a good late dinner the next day. during our 2 night stay in Pienza. I can rarely say that I taste food as good as mama used to make, but the boar was as excellent as my mama's! Preferred it on its own rather than with the pasta (which I found a tad salty). We also tried the ravioli and soup - both very good. House wine was good, as well as the bread, complementary salami and cheese. We are very picky when we eat out and prefer qality rather than "show." The owner and wife team have it right here. Well done.