“Really????”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of La Buca di Enea

La Buca di Enea
Ranked #5 of 54 Restaurants in Pienza
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
New York, NY
“Really????”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

There is no way this tiny restaurant has 652 reviews.... I don't think 652 people could eat here in a year - the food was average... not bad - not great... we walked in without reservations on a weekend. Something is NOT right - I have always regarded Tripadvisor reviews but this to me is
a slight bit unbelievable. I can't imaging EVERY diner there writing a review. They must have a lot of relatives or friends leaving comments.
There are far better restaurants in Pienza with larger dining rooms that dont have nearly as many reviews.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Pucabella

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Mobile, Alabama
“Very good and friendly folks”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

We had a great time and the food was great. We had to wait a bit but the owner brought us out a glass of wine, a nice gesture. The food was really yummy. The place is cozy so expect a short wait if you come at prime time. The owners and staff made it very fun to be there. We would go back again and would recommend it to our friends.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank chucksierke
Stockholm, Sweden
“Love this place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

One of our favorite places to eat in Tuscany!
This is the third time we have been there, we make sure to come to Buca di Enea everytime we are in Pienza. If you are looking for a 5 start dining experience, this is not for you. But if you are up for a homely, authentic, fabulous food served in a small intimate and extremely charming setting, then it does not get better than this. I always have Picci there. They are amazing! I love Picci and take it in many different restaurants when we dine out in Tuscany. But I must say that Buca di Enea picci is by far the best!
There is no reservations for this place, but it is open all day, so pop in and hope that there is a table available, as it seems to always be packed!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank laurakelme
bklynyoga
“Quite terrible”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

I really would love to rates this place high. We came for all of the great reviews. It was reptty bad. The food was microwaved- we heard the micro going right after ordering. Since we were the only ones in there, we knew it was our pasta. The pasta was not tasty at all. The salad was way too salty and the service was basically non existent. The owner seemed nice enough but sat at a table the whole time with his friend and did not really come by to check on us.... I would never eat here or recommend it- the food was simply not good at all!

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank bklynyoga
Stamford, Connecticut
“Such a great find”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

Our hotel had actually recommended a different restaurant for lunch which we couldn't find. After givng up we decided to try this place....and so glad we did! I ate so much I couldn't even eat my dinner that night. Its a tiny little place with only a few tables but so cozy and the food was DELICIOUS! I hope to go back someday.

• Visited October 2012