“Love this place!”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed April 24, 2013

One of our favorite places to eat in Tuscany!
This is the third time we have been there, we make sure to come to Buca di Enea everytime we are in Pienza. If you are looking for a 5 start dining experience, this is not for you. But if you are up for a homely, authentic, fabulous food served in a small intimate and extremely charming setting, then it does not get better than this. I always have Picci there. They are amazing! I love Picci and take it in many different restaurants when we dine out in Tuscany. But I must say that Buca di Enea picci is by far the best!
There is no reservations for this place, but it is open all day, so pop in and hope that there is a table available, as it seems to always be packed!

1  Thank laurakelme

Reviewed April 21, 2013

I really would love to rates this place high. We came for all of the great reviews. It was reptty bad. The food was microwaved- we heard the micro going right after ordering. Since we were the only ones in there, we knew it was our pasta. The pasta was not tasty at all. The salad was way too salty and the service was basically non existent. The owner seemed nice enough but sat at a table the whole time with his friend and did not really come by to check on us.... I would never eat here or recommend it- the food was simply not good at all!

2  Thank bklynyoga
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Our hotel had actually recommended a different restaurant for lunch which we couldn't find. After givng up we decided to try this place....and so glad we did! I ate so much I couldn't even eat my dinner that night. Its a tiny little place with only a few tables but so cozy and the food was DELICIOUS! I hope to go back someday.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

Very small place with Tuscan cousine. Once you come, you will be offered with meat snacks and bread which is nice accompanied with wine.

The food is quite simple but tasty. I don't think you will expect haute cousine from a place with 5 tables in a small medieval city :)

I think it's a great place for lunch going to Florence from Rome.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

We were visiting Pienza and everyone in our group was really hungry. Unfortunately it was only 6 pm and restaurants there only open at 7 pm. It was cold and rainy so we wanted a place to sit down. We stumbled upon La Buca di Enea which said "open all day". It looked really small and there were no patrons inside, but we were desperate. What a good decision! The owner was really nice and he made the yummiest pici for us. I need to email him for the recipe. The spicy sauce was the best. We also had cold cuts and ravioli, everything tasted delicious! At the end of the meal the owner brought each of us a glass of wine - on the house. Needless to say we were happy customers and would go back if we could.