“The Best!!!”

Wellington, New Zealand
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Best!!!”
Reviewed March 20, 2012

The best wine bar situated in center of Pienza, a pearl of Val D'Orcia area.
Above bistrot is really very small in a country style with few tables and little up room. During spring-summer season you could also delighted some outside tables.
Re Artu's wines are all delicious, you could also taste a glass or a bottle of Tuscany or Italian wines, together very good salt porks, cheeses with refined marmalade. Further they serve a tasty fondue with local cheese.
I suggest for young people, in couple and small groups.

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank Paul S

Canberra
“For incredible food, come here.”
Reviewed September 27, 2011

The food here is simply amazing. The place is just off the main st, and a beautiful setting in the historic centre. The food is incredible and original. If you are with a bunch of friends, order one of everything on the menu and share. The English translations threw us a little, but the fondue containing "mature lard" and pig cheek something or other was absolutely delicious. For a cheese lovers, this is the place.

• Visited September 2011
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What a wonderful lunch!!!”
Reviewed April 11, 2011

We are spending our holidays in Tuscany. Wondering in hystorical center of Pienza we had found this excellent wine bar. We eat some dishes of " pecorini", typical cheese of Pienza and few " crostini" , also wines were excellent so we can confirm that all foods and wines are very good. Friendly atmosphere in a fantastic place. Hoping to come back as soon as possible.We will suggest to our friends. Thank you very much!!!

• Visited April 2011
1 Thank william169
Rowlands Gill
“Pienza's finest Taverna!!!!!”
Reviewed September 2, 2010

Dear all,
The Re Artù is a cosy and little known taverna which is simply the gem of Pienza. Located just off the main street the Re Artù oozes straightforward quality and consummate professionalism in a very relaxed atmosphere. Sara takes care of the kitchen and provides an abundance of quality homemade Italian food of which you will never be disappointed. Partner Giuseppe has a passionate and enthusiastic understanding of quality Italian wines that thankfully are priced sensibly and therefore won’t break the bank. Re Artù is a must when visiting Pienza, the only problem is limited sitting outside, however this is offset by a Tardis - like interior that can accommodate – when we visited in August the Italians preferred the cooler interior so seating was never a problem.

Paul and H from Geordieland and England.

2 Thank Gibside
Boston, Massachusetts
“My "Cheers" of Tuscany”
Reviewed August 11, 2010

First and foremost, the two owners Sarah and Joseph (spelling?) make this place so special and cozy. My wife and I were on our honeymoon and I happen to come across their little wine bar while I was taking a walk one afternoon while my wife stayed in for her siesta. After spending two hours there enjoying the fantastic wine, crostini and warm hospitality, I told them I'd be back in an hour with my wife because I know she would love their place as much as I did. She did, and we went back the next day as well before we had to leave our stay in Pienza.

We visited Paris, Florence, Pienza, the Amalfi Coast and Rome during our honeymoon, and Artu's was our favorite place to hang out over a glass of fantastic wine. We loved communicating with both Sarah and Joseph (a little bit of a language barrier made it even more fun). They were giving us great insight on Italy and we were giving them our thoughts on America. They were especially excited to know that there is a restaurant in the famed North End section of Boston called Artu's.

My wife and I are so pleased that we found our little "Cheers" hangout (Cheers in reference to the famous hit 80's TV show) on our honeymoon and more importantly, our new special Italian friends.

To Sarah and Joseph, we will be emailing you soon once we have the pictures available. Again, thank you for making our honeymoon more memorable and special. Let's stay in touch!!!

4 Thank tav5