My husband and I stayed at Palazzo Brandano in November 2012 for 7 days with two other couples we were traveling with. When we first arrived at the hotel we were greeted by Linda and then Ousmane, who immediately offered our party of six a lite meal before dinner. Before long these amazing aromas were wafting up to our room. This was the beginning of a week of delicious culinary delights and great wines that paired well with each meal.
I could not wait to visit Palazzo Brandano to see if this person called Ousmane was as wonderful as all the reviews I read. I was thinking this could not be possible. Well, he is fantastic and he make you feel as though you are an old friend visiting. He is very intuitive about your interest.
We did not arrange any sightseeing tours in advance. Based on our interests, Ousmane arranged a visit to a vineyard where the owner provided us with a private wine tasting and we went to an olive grove and tasted various olive oils. We had fun taking a cooking class with the hotel chef, Hafida, then enjoyed the meal for lunch. Ousmane goes above and beyond to accommodate your every request to ensure that you are satisfied.
The hotel which looks more like a villa, has amazing rooms that are well appointed. My husband and I stayed in the Superior Suite named Tiziano on the third floor which had great views of the rolling hills and valleys. You could open the windows and hear people speaking Italian, see clothes hanging on the line and just take in the view. We wanted the feel of the countryside, and this was the place to experience it high up on a hilltop. If you need to get some rest and relaxation this is the perfect place to go.
To enjoy the nearby towns and villages, you really need a car and I am happy we had rented one. We were fortunate enough to be traveling with friends from the UK, and they were expert drivers who could handle the narrow and winding roads.
Ousmane, Linda and Hafida thank you for your exceptional service! We are looking forward to our next visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Palazzo Brandano's beautiful suites, spacious rooms and charming apartments are all luxuriously and comfortably furnished with handcrafted frescos by famous Italian Renaissance artists. Each air-conditioned accommodation boasts a flat screen satellite television, DVD player, HIFI stereo equipment, mini bar, safety deposit box and internet access. Bathrooms are equipped with either luxury massage showers or Jacuzzi bath tubs. Il Brandano restaurant with its stunning terrace serves modern Tuscan cuisine and an extensive selection of wines. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda so you can book your Palazzo Brandano reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palazzo Brandano Petroio, Italy - Tuscany
- Palazzo Brandano Hotel Petroio