We stayed at La Colombaia, in August for 1 week as part of a package holiday with Thompson's. Weather was glorious.
On arrival we were treated as if an extension of the family. Elena and Daniele are both very welcoming and hospitable people, where nothing was too much trouble. They kindly gave us advise on places to visit locally and a little further a field. Providing us with maps and directions to places we really wanted to visit.
We were luckily enough to enjoy watching a typical Tuscan wedding reception including a medieval wedding ceremony at the Villa as it was a family wedding taking place on site. We were treated to wedding cake and bubbly to join in with the celebrations.
The Villa is stunning, very clean and well equipped, breath taking views of the surrounding Tuscan hills and Cypress trees.
Daniele and Elena, gave us a tour of their vineyard and we got to sample wines they produce as well as olive oil.
We loved the place so much that we have booked for 2 weeks this year (2010) we are also taking our dear friend Jenny with us to share this beautiful place.
Look out Daniele and Elena we will be back soon can't wait to see you both again.
Daniel and Steve
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the middle of Tuscany at 2 km from Vinci, 30 minutes from Firenze, Pisa, Lucca and Pistoia and 1 hour from Siena and Arezzo this farm house restructured on 2001 offers the flavour of the old Tuscany country, surrounded by our chianti vineyard, olive grove and wood and the comfort of a new structure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Agriturismo La Colombaia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Agriturismo La Colombaia Hotel Cerreto Guidi
- Agriturismo La Colombaia Cerreto Guidi, Tuscany, Italy