“Peaceful spot in Tuscany”
Review of Bucine

Map
Satellite
Map updates are paused. Zoom in to see updated info.
Reset zoom
Updating Map...
Atlanta, GA
7 helpful votes
“Peaceful spot in Tuscany”
Reviewed October 8, 2009

We visited Tuscany in September and wanted one location which was central to many spots. This town is 15 minutes of the main freeway A1, and within an hour's drive of so many places.

We stayed in an apartment (80 euros per nite) at the top of a hill. There was a grocery, loaded with fantastic prosciuttos and pecorinos, a bakery, a fruit/veg store and a butcher shop. Farmers market every Wed. People spoke enough English so that our visit was very pleasant. The train makes a few stops each day into town, and the trip to Florence is only 1 hour. Easy, easy, easy. There were a couple of "bars" in town also.

This was not a tourist town, but we enjoyed such a great feel for the culture. I would not hesitate to return. This is a great spot to explore and set up a home base.

1 Thank vmpeter08
Glasgow
17 helpful votes
“Relaxing, rural Tuscany. Feel like a local”
Reviewed February 29, 2008

October 2007 we were ready for a week away from the grind of work, and decided to try a self catering place in a village called Bucine. About an hour south of Florence by train and a million miles away. Just a short trip from Arezzo, so pleny of day trip opportunities. After a week the local corner shop staff had taught me more Italian than I have learnt anywhere else. 'Tutto!' I learned very quickly, bought me ALL the panforte he stocked as opposed to just a little. Desired result achieved! We felt adopted by the village and cannot recommend it highly enough for a visit.
Sadly the beautiful apartment we rented is now on the market, so we can never return to 'Castellino Bucine' but I believe there are other self catering options available. Do go if you want a safe and peaceful week in beautiful forested (!) Tuscany.

2 Thank CakeGenie

Been to Bucine? Share your experiences!