Lowest prices for your stay
$166
Reserve now, pay at stay
Priceline$165
eDreams$157
Travelocity$166
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed January 6, 2020

I will start with the positives. This hotel is near the ski lifts (as are many others...it is a very compact ski resort) a pedestrian crossing would help as the road can be very busy but you are near everything here. The hotel pool is lovely as is the receptionist and a waitress called Elena is such a lovely person, professional friendly and beautiful. This lady should be at the front desk to welcome guests....We however were met by two of the most horrendous humans I have ever encountered, after a 12 hour journey from Dublin with our three young children our greeting was with a highlighter pen crossing through the room numbers and a walk to the lift telling us we were on the second floor.
We ski every new year for a week, this was our first Italian experience. We used Crystal Ski and this was one of their recommended hotels. As our 3 girls are under 11 we asked Crystal could we get adjoining rooms and were advised to contact the hotel directly so emailed early October (same day as our booking) 2 emails (one unanswered/one "didn't understand") Our correspondence was clear, if at all possible could we get adjoining rooms, we would pay whatever extra no problem for upgrades or whatever it took to ensure our young families room was next to us. Two phonecalls were made and the impression was they understood and would do their best...so as we heard nothing and presumed it was sorted, travelled happily looking forward to our first Italian adventure.
At "reception" nothing was said, the highlighter pen through the room numbers, NO information on breakfast times, locations of anything, literally NOTHING, barely a greeting...we made our way to the second floor...to discover our rooms were 248 and 232....across a dark corridor (timer switched) We called reception, the woman with the bobbed dark hair came up.... her annoyance so apparent I moved my three young children away from her around the corner...there was nothing they could do. END OF DISCUSSION. 12 hours travelling with bloodshot eyes I tried to explain they had never stayed alone I was really unhappy....was there anything could be done.? At all. At any stage...To say she was uncaring and callous is an understatement she marched my husband downstairs to show these "emails"...THERE WAS NOTHING THEY COULD DO.......so we sat in the corridor, my husband got nowhere. I started to cry, then plucked up the courage to go to the desk again to try to explain that we had presumed it was sorted because we had heard nothing from the hotel to expect to be separated and we were trying to figure it out.... We did not expect special treatment, we had offered to pay. . I was met by "Veronica" ...the most aggitated, unprofessional, angry, offensive person I have ever encountered in any walk of life..... she was practically beating her chest...all I was trying to do was explain had we known earlier that it might/was a problem we would have gone elsewhere.... now we were here we did not know what to do. I asked her name as she screamed "WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO DO?WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO DO?" I asked her to stop shouting at me and shaking I walked away. An Italian guest actually followed and asked was I okay...everyone was looking ,I was mortified, shocked and exhausted. We did not know what to do. What could we do?
We stayed. Everytime I had to walk by reception they made me so uncomfortable I left via the boot locker room in the basement . We told our rep what had happened, management were made aware. NOTHING. I am so deeply upset by the way we were treated I cannot get over it. This holiday cost us nearly £9000 for a week...my husband hurt his shoulder badly on the 4th day so we left early....I was so relieved to get away from this hotel I counted the hours.
So as I say we stayed we took turns to stay with the girls in their room. NO ONE checked how we were. NOTHING.
So...stay here if you must, be warned if there is a problem they do not want to know. How it is 4 star is beyond me. No information in rooms. Mismatched plastic horrible hangers, cheap pine furniture, a warm fridge, no water, no dressing gowns or slippers, dark corridors with timer switches,useless attached hairdryer in bathroom the hardest beds I have ever slept in.......But all of these things can be overlooked...The way these two women behaved and the lack of management/owner interest....NEVER. Book with caution.

Date of stay: December 2019
4  Thank kayla9
sporthotelvittoria, Proprietario at Sport Hotel Vittoria, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2020

Dear Mrs Kayla89,
thank you for your review. We would like to explain to people who will read this our position.
You booked two standard rooms with Crystal agency then you wrote us an email and the answer was that the hotel was fully booked and if you want a room for everybody it was not possible because there wasn't any possibility.

So we were very very clear that there wasn't possibilty to have a room for 5 people toghether, the only thing we could' do was give the rooms near to each other. (this mean two separted rooms not two interconnected rooms) however when you check in you expect a room interconneted but THERE WASN'T. Hotel was full booked when you wrote the email and was fully booked at check.in.
Nothing changed in that period so we couldn't give you this room.. You imagine a room that there wasn't and anybody promise you. Receptionst spoke with your husband and he understood the situation and was very kind but you still didn't want to understand and didn't want to listen. While Veronica for third time you and your husband came at reception was explaining the situation again,suddenly you went away. Veronica is part of our family and she was shocked by your reaction.
You said that was our fault but we still don't understand what we wrote in the email that was unclear for you.

If one room for 5 people was so important for you, you should not booked two separate rooms because you know are separate. Of course also agency where you booked should help with the booking and choose for the guest the best solution not just sell. This can help you in your future booking. Crystal didn't contact the hotel while your were there.
We work 95% with families and we don't have any problem when they explain their need before booking because we offer the best solution for them. When booking is already done and hotel is fully booked we can't give you something that has nevex existed.
We are very sorry for your husband shoulder.

Best Regards
Daldoss family

Reviewed March 26, 2019

Have stayed here every year for around the last 15 years.
Always excellent - they continue to find ways to improve each time.
Marvelous friendly staff.
The wonderful spa makes it feel like two holidays in one.
Fantastico!

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank MikeHibb666
sporthotelvittoria, Proprietario at Sport Hotel Vittoria, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2019

Thank you Mike!
It is aleay a great pleasure to have you two as our guests.

Hope to see you next year

Lino and family

Reviewed April 6, 2018

As always this will be a review of the actual hotel and not the ski resort (which incidentally is an excellent ski resort which I highly recommend and Charlie the Crystal ski rep was a credit to the company. If you get the chance also head on over to Madonna which is even better than Passo Tonale for skiing and only an hour or so away on a ski bus).

Sport Hotel Vittoria has an excellent location literally across the road from some of the ski lifts and the exterior is well presented and is surrounded by pretty much everything you could ask for such as ATM's, grocery stores, shops, places to eat, ski hire depots (the crystal ski depot is literally next door) and a pharmacy is minutes walk away. It also appears to be quite an historic hotel as there are photos on the wall showing it in 1884 I believe so its been around a long time.

Check in at the hotel was swift, we had room 234 and booked a standard room or a "hotel room" as the crystal ski classification calls it. My wife and I were travelling with both sets of parents in laws making the total group 6 adults and no children/infants. 5 of us are intermediate to advanced skiers and one doesn't ski and was staying at the hotel for a relaxation break and the spa facilities.

The room itself was adequate with a double bed, double wardrobe and bathroom with a medium sized shower that may be too small for taller guests such as myself who are over 6ft. The room was warm enough, cleaned fairly well but as we travelled in March towards the end of the ski season it was showing signs of short term wear and tear most likely from a busy ski season as well as long term worn out furnishings which could do with an upgrade. I must mention that I have previously lived in the Veneto region and so I am aware that the hotels more comfort over luxury approach is common and so I pretty much knew what to expect. Unfortunately room 234 which we were allocated is above the animation teams entertainment room which meant that we had constant noise in the evening until around midnight, well past the advertised time that events were due to finish. After our third evening of broken sleep due to the noise we approached reception to discuss the issue and were met with a very flippant response that the noise isn't an issue and they weren't aware of it (other reviews on here clearly show this is an issue). The female receptionist then advised that she lives next door to a pub and never complains about the noise - almost telling us that we shouldn't be complaining. Reluctantly the hotel then offered to move our room after first advising they were fully booked however we declined this due to the fact that packing and unpacking in another room would have been too much hassle. If they could have simply asked the animation team to turn the volume down of their microphone and speakers that would have solved the problem which they didn't offer to do. Secondly I can see no reason why the animation team need such a loud sound system considering that the room itself isn't large enough to warrant one.

On a plus point the hotel has an excellent spa, my mother doesn't ski and so the hotel was booked especially for the spa facilities so that she could visit every day and relax whilst we were all skiing. Our group all visited numerous times during our stay and the spa attendant was very good and polite. They insist on swim hats when in the pool which I believe you could buy for a few euros or bring your own. Flip flops are also required and again if you don't bring your own you can hire them. The spa had many rooms such as the pool, steam rooms, saunas and salt rooms as well as a quite relaxation room. There was also delicious hot tea readily available for free to help you unwind after a hard day on the slopes. The changing areas are very small and lockers are for non hotel guests only which I found strange considering it was pretty much exclusively used by hotel guests. My mother also booked some treatments which included an hour long massage and these were also highly rated.

I expect that many guests reading are planning to stay on a half board option and this was hit and miss. Breakfasts were superb with a good selection of hot and cold choices as well as a huge array of cakes and pastries. Like another reviewer I would have liked to have seen more cereals but this is a minor point personally given how good the rest of breakfast was. There are ample fresh coffee making machines, ready made juices and our personal favourite feature was a juicer to make your own blends. There were many fruits to use and also spices such as fresh ginger which meant that you could have a delicious and nutritious freshly squeezed drink which can really set you up for the day skiing or help you have a cleanse if you're staying for a relaxation break. Dinner on the other hand however was very disappointing and below the standard which I would have expected. Despite being in the Veneto region, the area has a very specific mountainous diet and this is reflected in the food that is served. The salad buffet is as you would expect and there are a good choice of breads. Starters and main courses are table served from a very limited selection on the menu which changes each day. However, we found that it was pretty much all red meat every day and mostly meats such as veal and venison which I know many people do not like. For me personally it was okay but a member of our group was vegetarian and only managed to eat one evening meal during the whole week because of the poor choice. We discussed this with the waitress and were met with a very negative response pretty much saying eat whats on the menu or you get nothing. During one occasion she simply asked for some spaghetti with a tomato pasta sauce to try and keep it simple for them which was met with an almost disgusted response that we should dare ask for something edible. During what was another evening which I believe was some themed night (no idea what the theme was however as it was never mentioned anywhere) there was literally one starter and one main course with absolutely no other option to choose from. The starter was an unusual local barley based starter which wasn't very nice and the only main course option was a pork chop - given that most of us don't eat pork chops it led to another disappointing evening meal and was surprising to not even see any vegetarian option on the menu. In short I would say that if you have any special dietary requests or are selective as to which meats you eat then this is perhaps not a hotel which will accommodate your needs. It is one of the few ski holidays I have ever had where I wasn't looking forward to a good evening meal after a long day skiing. If you are expecting lots of pizza and pasta options on the menu because you're in Italy this is not what you should be expecting. It should also be noted that dinner opens at 7:30pm which is quite late I feel. After a long day skiing we tend to want to get showered up and then eat and then relax for the rest of the evening. It appears that many other guests work the same way as bang on 7:30pm the dining room packs with hungry guests which creates a somewhat chaotic and raucious atmosphere. I expect that the hotel do this to keep staffing costs low as everyone pretty much eats at the same time but it doesn't help to create an enjoyable atmosphere.

The hotels ski boot room is excellent, you have a personal locker to hold your equipment and it includes heated boot rails in your locker to ensure that every day you wake up with toasty and dry ski boots which is always welcoming. I never found more than one or two other couples in there at the same time (we tend to get up early) and so crowding wasn't an issue.

Other points people also ask about are plug sockets in rooms which I can confirm there are plenty and we had no issue charging many cameras we use to film and phones/tablets etc. There is a television which accepts memory sticks etc if you bring you own films. The wifi in the hotel is poor and after a few speed tests at various times of the day the speed is circa 0.5mb most of the time which rules out streaming but is ok for checking emails and piste maps etc. Uploading photos or videos take far too long but thankfully roaming is free on most peoples phone packages so you're better off just using your free EU roaming data and picking up a 3g or 4g signal is possible depending on your network.

Our return transfer left at 6:15 am so breakfast was open from 5:30am on the departure day. As I was sick from something I had eaten the night before in the hotel I didn't attend breakfast and so my wife went alone to the dining room. As it was empty she made a quick cup of tea and picked up a croissant and sat down at the nearest table. Almost immediately the hotel owner stormed into the breakfast room from reception and told my wife that the table was reserved and she would have to move to our table which was in the far corner in the dark. At first she though this was a joke as there were no other guests in the dining room at that time but when she realised he was seriously asking her to move she quickly left the dining room feeling threatened after being spoken to in such a way. Needless to say if I had been there the outcome would have been very different and it is inexcusable for a hotel owner to speak in such way to a paying customer over something so petty and trivial. This left a very sour end note to our hotel stay and although I understand he is probably moody being awake at this time and it had perhaps been a long season and he was in need of a rest I cannot accept any logical explanation for how he feels it is acceptable to speak in such a way to a female who is on her own in a dimly lit room at 5:30am. Therefore i can safely say that the only staff member who showed any signed of manners and hospitality during our stay was the spa receptionist, everyone else was unaccommodating, unhelpful and rude to an extent that I was close to leaving a one star review but given the excellent spa, breakfast and location I've bumped this up to a 2 star review.

Would I return? No and there appears to be better hotels in Passo Tonale to choose from. As we feel that we have "completed" the resort by skiing the runs on offer multiple times I have no reason to ever return to passo tonale but I would recommend the resort to pretty much anyone, just not this hotel.

Room tip: Avoid room 234 as its directly above the entertainment room which has a lot of noise at night
Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
4  Thank stuhartsdungeon
Reviewed March 6, 2018

Sport hotel Vittoria is a family owned hotel with lots of atmosphere and very well situated in the village (ski rentals, lifts and tourist office/stores just nearby). The rooms are clean and spacious with just the right balance of elegance without being luxurious - which I personally prefer. A bit more noise insulated doors to block out sounds from the corridor, would be nice - but not a real problem, as most are soundly asleep around 10 pm. The half-board package is to be recommended. The kitchen and staff are serving a variety of local Südtirol inspired dishes and the sallad/cold-cut buffet each evening is a treat. Breakfast buffet is very nice, but a lot of sweets, as the Italians like it - I'd prefer a better assortment of müslis and whole grain breads over pancakes and waffels and the like - but I realize I'm in minority in this regard. The service is good, but not excellent, appropriate for the price level and profile.
The real jewel in the crown is the spa section, which is very good and kept clean and fresh, with a large variety of different saunas and pools/showers. As the hotel is a family hotel primarily, it's quite nice that the age limit of 16 years is applied to preserve tranquility - however, it would be recommended for the management to create something also for the kids from 10-15 years, who may not appreciate the "kids" pool.
Passo Tonale is a great winter resort (I've not visited during summer) as it provides plenty of experience both for the beginner to the seasoned touring skier and free-ride enthusiasts (you'll need a guide, but all off-piste tracks are easily accessible).The village is primarily occupied by families, so if you are looking for a great night life - Passo Tonale is not for you. Hence, I can strongly recommend the half-board alternative as restaurants are scarce.
All in all - a perfect stay for the family or group/couple that are primarily interested in the skiing, rather than the night life. If that description fits you, Sport Hotel Vittoria is the place to stay in Passo Tonale!

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 19, 2018

We had an amazing time, It was a very busy week ( carnevale ) we used the junior suite at the fourth floor, facing the slopes. The evening dinners were deliciuos. thanks Elena
Kids club stuff helpful, thank you Ornella
Amazing spa, just upgraded,
The hotel is just in front of the slopes, perfect when you have kids.
The bar in the hotel is very friendly and cosy, in the evening the hotel owner works there: Lino is always happy to share information and local stories.
Can t wait to be back
grazie

Room tip: the room in front of the slopes are amazing, you can see your kids from your bedroom
Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
sporthotelvittoria, Proprietario at Sport Hotel Vittoria, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2018

thank you for your positive review. Lino is very happy to know that you have appreciated his stories and also all our services.

We hope to see you again.
Best Regards