“pass by and say goodbye”
Review of Il Muflone - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Il Muflone
Cuisines: Italian
Cagliari
“pass by and say goodbye”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Never, and I mean never ever for any reason, stop by to eat at this place. We made the big mistake and surely regretted it. It was a total waste of time. There aren't many places to eat in Baunei, and to reach all of them you will need a car. That night, we were tired and thought we'd just want to walk somewhere to have a bite. We asked the owner of our hotel, and he said the only place which was walking distance was Il Muflone. He did not comment much about it, but his face said it all. We decided to give it a try anyways. The place looks like a really dirty trattoria. We arrived, and the waitress, which incidentally is also the wife of the owner and chef, was almost refusing to let us sit, claiming that they had no food left - which, at 9:30 pm on a Saturday night in a tourist location is a bit of a weird thing. She then warned us that we'd have to wait at least 20 minutes for our food. We decided to take a chance and stayed. We sat outside, and this was an even bigger mistake. I think the only waitress (and wife to the owner) forgot about us. She brought us menus, but then claimed everything was finished and the only thing we could have was either horse steak or donkey steak. Oh well, let's give it a try, we thought. We ordered 3 donkey steaks, a horse steak and salad and wine. After some 20 minutes, possibly more, the son of the couple (who must have been 10 years old at most) arrived bringing us knives and forks. No glasses. No water. No wine. No salt and pepper. He then brought a serving dish with meat on it, and we asked what that was. The boy told us it was donkey, the horse meat was finished. I asked him to make sure about that and to also go back and bring us dishes. He did, and got back saying that yes, that was only donkey meat as there was no more horse meat. Pity I do not eat donkey meat. Pity I was not even told that horse meat was finished and the waitress did not even come out to warn me - I was supposed to face the fact and that was it. By then, I had lost my appetite completely, and when the salad arrived some 5 mins later, I sent it back. Wine, water and bread had not arrived yet. I snapped at the boy, saying I should have been warned about the meat, and eventually his mom came out asking me whether I wanted to order something else. I asked what, exactly, was I supposed to order, since she had claimed before that they had nothing left but donkey meat. So, one of my friends paid his share of the dinner, and the two of us left, took the car, and went to eat somewhere decent. I can't even comment on the quality of the food, as I never even had a bite of bread (it was never served). But what can I say... Never give a penny to these people.

• Visited August 2012