It normally takes me a little time to relax into my holiday and feel comfortable in my surroundings, but with this resort I had relaxed and switched into 'holiday mode' the minute I arrived. From the warm welcoming, the spacious room and the view out to sea we instantly knew we had made a good choice. We were on a half board holiday, something we had never done before, and we were a little nervous as to what to expect, especially as I am a vegetarian, but the meal each night was 5 star, as was the service.
The resort is very remote, which has it's advantages and disadvantages of course - there is only one hotel restaurant along the beach you can walk to for an alternative lunch, so we were pleased to have the car for 3 days to break up the routine and explore the stunning island. The other disadvantage is that we personally thought all refreshments were slightly over-priced, 10 Euros for a large bottle of water, 8 Euros for a coke, and cheapest bottle of wine around 40 Euros - but this is a 5 star resort and I guess this is the price you pay...However the advantages of this hotel, far outweigh the disadvantages - peace, relaxation, a beautiful view, large airy rooms with a view of the sea, spotlessly clean everywhere, a great turn-down service at night and amazing service throughout the hotel.
The beach at the end of the hotel has shingles, rather than sand, and compared to some of the nearby beaches with their beautiful white sand this is a little disappointing. But all the beautiful beaches we visited were crowded with locals and we were constantly harassed by people trying to sell you things which grated. Our remote beach by the hotel does not get that and promises peace and quiet. It has a life guard, beach beds and umbrellas and is well maintained.
We would recommend this hotel / resort to anyone who wants a 5 star view, rooms and service. The maitre d', Franco and Davida stood out for service especially in the restaurant - they were attentive and spoke great English (we do not speak Italian sadly) and were also very playful with us, and injected humour into meal times which we appreciated. But all the staff were pleasant, helpful and you could tell took great pride in their hotel.
We hope to return again to this stunning resort, and would recommend this to everyone who wants a little peace of paradise in stunning Sardinia.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel has 31 comfortable and spacious finely furnished rooms with sea view balconies overlooking the gardens; hotel has direct access to the beach. It also, has 5 sea view fine villas surrounded by Mediterranean gardens. Experience Care offers natural aesthetic treatments tailor made suit the individual needs. “Lunaria restaurant” with inner space and terrace overlooking the sea, offers the best local tradition, the most popular international dishes with a touch of unexpected sensations.Meeting room, 110 square meters, with natural light, sea view and garden, direct access to the swimming pool and restaurant area, with theater style it is up to 80 people Only 32Km from the harbor/airport of Olbia, 10 min from Porto Cervo and 5 from Baja Sardinia, nestled in 8.000 mq of Mediterranean green, 150 m from the sea of Cala dei Ginepri. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your L'ea Bianca Luxury Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- l`Ea Bianca Luxury Hotel Baia Sardinia
- L'Ea Bianca Luxury Resort Sardinia/Baia Sardinia