I give it a full 5 without hesitating, mostly for overall impression although sum of the parts do contain something less than 5. Most remarkable pros and cons:
- this is my first experience with the open garden concept and I must say I adore it! If you're into sunbathing and walking out naked to fresh air, then you know what I'm taking about (on the downside of this, be ready for the bugs, mosquitoes and cats investigating your garbage at night).
- real grass and trees in your garden
- very quiet. VERY, in particular when the local club closes down. You pay for this by moderate walks to the main street of Baja (one can consider this as a plus after heavy diner).
- no noisy in-house activities
- great deep pool, you're safe to jump in head down
- it's a small hotel - not much rooms, no crowds in the restaurant, in the pol etc. Quiet
- private beach (you DO want one in Sardinia) which is joined with another hotel is a joke and quite a walk away. There's a public beach nearby which is way better and Phi- club has fabulous beach as well. No drinks service at the beach ( may change during the high season).
- in-house food experience is very mixed, ranging from ok/good to so-so. We had most of the dinners in Baja. Breakfasts are good, but don't be late as they stock limited amount of food which runs out fast.
- they failed to fix wi-fi in the lobby for the whole of our stay blaming national provider ( although Internet worked on their desktop), and right at the end of our stay they went into another extreme and fixed it by having users to input manual ip, dns and subnets. And with all that i can login to their router as admin.They have to hire somebody who understands the basics of Internet setup. Very frustrating for the 21st century.
- you can lock your little villa but you can't lock your garden. No DND badges so expect someone to come in shown you don't expect it.
- we had oven in our room, but no pots, pans etc so you can't use it.
Overall, truly Italian place which you can't enjoy without strong sense of humor and tolerance. For full 5 star experience go somewhere else.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, ACCOR, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Relais Dei Nuraghi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Relais Dei Nuraghi Hotel Baia Sardinia
- Grand Relais Dei Nuraghi Sardinia/Baia Sardinia