“Great city apartment”

Antiche Rive Apartments
Ranked #4 of 9 Specialty Lodging in Salo
Reviewed May 3, 2014

The apartment is really nice, especially the view from the balcony. Perfect location to walk along the riverside into the centre of Salo. Small grocery stores are nearby so everything very convenient.

Room Tip: Vista Golfo has a very nice terrace.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Björn B
There are newer reviews for Antiche Rive Apartments

Reviewed October 2, 2012

We spent 2 weeks in Apt. Garda and Apt. Ora. Both were large, clean, pretty and with nice views and big windows. You are 1/4 block from the Lake promenade and can walk to really nice restaurants in ten minutes and supermarkets in the other direction in ten minutes. We drove to a different town everyday and enjoyed every minute of this adventure. You need a car and parking is a ten minute walk for free or 5 minute walk for a few euro a day. You can park right out front to unload for an hour maximum; you quickly figure out your parking routine and the small elevator in the building. Salo is a gorgeous town and a good take off point for all of the beautiful lake towns east and west. There is a small food shop a few doors down; a fruit store down the lane behind; and the owners butcher shop on the first floor. We would gladly stay here again. Some knowledge of Italian is good because not everyone speaks English.

Room Tip: Our bedrooms were on the second floor and the bathroom was on the first in one apartment but this wo...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank FloridaJessica
Reviewed May 12, 2011

It really felt like our own home in Salo! the steep building with its smells and views - amazing.

The owners could not be friendlier and more helpful, amazing food everywhere around, location is simply fantastic.

I can't recommend it enough.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank atomqa
Reviewed October 10, 2010

We stayed here for three nights for my partner's 30th birthday. The location is perfect. Walking up and down the promenade is wonderful. It's so easy to get to all the others towns around the lake by bus or by boat. There are two big supermakets within 5minutes walkin distance of the apartments. We had a split opinion on the apartment itself. We stayed in Ander. My partner slept ok, I didn't sleep at all. The bed was so uncomfortable and it was squeeky, plus the sheets on our bed had small holes all over them. The bathroom smelt awful all the time, which in turn made the apartment smell. The shower is so tiny, if you are at all big, this is not the place for you, you will not fit in the shower. If you do fit in the shower, it's filthy and leaks all over the bathroom floor. The water pressure is great though. This apartment is also dark, a number of the bulbs had blown in the kitchen/sitting room area, the bedroom is always dark and the bathroom has no window. This might not be the case for the other apartments,maybe they are fantastic, we had asked to stay in a different one but it was unavailable. The guestbook in the hall was full of praise so it seems most people enjoy they're stay here. WiFi did not work but LAN cable available and works fine. I would not stay here again but I think if you are on a budget and want to stay in this area the location is perfect.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Knockatomy
Reviewed May 9, 2010

This accommodation has been reviewed by previous reporters and I have to say I agree with their praise of them. But there are a few things they do not mention.
1. The bed was one of the most comfortable I have slept in.
2. There is a LIFT, so you do not have to walk up flights of stairs.
3. The owners are delightful and very helpful.
4. The view from the 'Vista Gulfo' apartment is awesome.
5. There is a kettle, so if you are British you can make tea. Very important.
6. There are two supermarkets within 2 minutes walk, not to mention the owners butchers shop on the ground floor and a bakery three doors away.
7. Excellent little restaurant just on the next corner. Also called Antiche Rive (cash only).

Our flight was cancelled due to the volcanic dust problem. So at the last minute we decided to get in the car and drive the 950 miles that it is from our home in the UK. Paolo, the owner, could not have been more helpful and agteed to slip our booking by a couple of days to allow us time to drive there.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Burcottbabe
Reviewed May 7, 2009

I have to say, we stayed at these apartments recently and they are great. Clean, modern, spacious, excellent location next to the lake etc.

The people who run the apartments are lovely people, really.

I would highly recommend the apartments but I would be doing you all a disservice if I didn't mention to you one flaw that got to me.

The apartments are situated above a butcher's shop. There is a smell that you get when you enter the entrance that goes all the way to the top. For my entire stay i had to hold my breath as i walked up and down the stairs. At one point i couldn't hold my breath for long enough and i took a gulp of air and so pungent was it that i actually gagged.

However, I would qualify that by saying that we easily overcame this problem by getting a can of air freshener.

All in all I would recommend these apartments. If I were going back I would stay in them again. Please don't be put off too much by the smell issue as it's not something that is constantly there but something you will get a waft of from time to time.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank hotelreviewer2008
Reviewed May 4, 2009

Hello, I've recently been at appartments Anticherive. It was excellent, expecially because the owners (very polite) let us choose the appartment we preferred. The rooms were all very clean and confortable. Founiture is also new. Also the area around the building is great. We spent a wonderful time over there. we'll certaintly recommend it or go again!! Also very reasonalbe priced.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple