“Lovely Hotel”

Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Salo
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Lovely Hotel”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

We are staying here for a relaxing week on Lake Garda. We couldn't fault the Hotel. It is about 10 minutes walk from the centre of Salo where there are many bars and restaurants. We are in a suite on the 3rd floor which is lovely. The staff are so friendly and helpful - nothing is too much trouble. There are lots of little extras that make all the difference. If we were to come to Salo again we would definitely stay here.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a lake view - lovely.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Very friendly staff and high class service. Breakfast tasteful, room (suite) cozy and two bathrooms luxury. Location, parking all met our high expectations.

Only negative was slightly dirty (litter) and cold pool.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TripVesa
Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Hotel was booked for me by my supplier who I was visiting on a business trip & I must say I was very impressed! Unfortunately I arrived late the first evening & had to leave early after my visit so didn't get to appreciate the hotel & Lake Garda to its full extent.
The hotel is positioned right on the edge of Lake Garda in the stunning small town of Salo. I was met by a very smart concierge who collected my small suitcase & waited while I checked in at reception.
Excellent English speaking staff who were both courteous & friendly. The concierge carried my bag up to my room & the receptionist also escorted me to my room & showed me the facilities.
Unfortunately I had a room at the front of the hotel however this wasn't a problem due to the amount of time spent in my room if I had been staying longer I think I would have requested a room overlooking the lake. However my room was large & spacious with a large bright bathroom. Plenty of wardrobe space, a nice large balcony with 2 small sofas & a table & a side door with a very small balcony allowing lots of light & air into the room.
The room was fully equiped with a large flat screen TV, large fluffy white towels, bath robes, slippers, toiletries & a hairdrier.
WiFi connection was free & very good.
Came back to my room after an evening out & was delighted to see that there had been a 'turn down' service - fresh towels in the bathroom, room tidied & the bed turned down along with a 'good night' card showing the following days' weather forecast & ideas of places to go & 2 bitesized handmade biscuits!
Breakfast didn't start until 7am & I had to check out early to get to the airport for my return flight but reception made a note & the night concierge was informed that I'd be down early for some breakfast prior to checking out.
The hotel staff went out of their way to accommodate all my needs & this was appreciated very much.
Breakfast was very good with a great selection of fruit, yogurt, continental style breakfast, cereals, breads & cakes along with fresh tea & coffee.
I had one evening meal in the restaurant & was impressed with both the food & again the service.
I just wish I could've enjoyed the town & the scenery a little more.

Room Tip: Request a room overlooking the lake
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Camilla P, Assistant General Manager at Hotel Bellerive, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Dear Emma W,
thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed and nice review about our Hotel. We are glad that you had a good time even if you were on a business trip. We hope you will have the occasion to come back soon and with more time to enjoy Hotel Bellerive.

whitby
Reviewed January 23, 2013

we stayed in june following our wedding and also june the previous year whilst we researched Salo.
the hotel, its staff and its location are all fabulous.
breakfast is excellent with perfetto cappuccino and a buffet to meet anyones expectations.
other meals are just as good.
the staff go out of their way to do anything they can to help you enjoy your stay and are exceedingly friendly.
we LOVE this hotel and cant recommend it highly enough.

Room Tip: lake-view are larger and are worth the extra money for trhat view!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Camilla P, Assistant General Manager at Hotel Bellerive, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear clanse,

we don’t know how to thank you for your kind words.

We are so glad that you have selected our Hotel twice and that you enjoyed your experience that much to share it with the other travelers.

Thanks once more for recommending the Bellerive and we await the pleasure to welcome you back soon.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed November 20, 2012

The hotel Bellerive is a very nice hotel on Lake Garda in the small city of Salo. From the hotel, one can enjoy a nice stroll along the boardwalk of the lake, and also enjoy some light shopping in the town. A very walkable city, with a nice Saturday morning market of clothing, fresh foods, and some interesting breads and biscuits. A choice of several restaurants are within walking distance on the boardwalk.

Room Tip: There is no fitness center, but a nice outdoor pool was not accessible in November...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Paul G
H0TEL_BELLERIVE, Assistant General Manager at Hotel Bellerive, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Dear Paul G,
thank you for your nice review. We are very happy that you enjoyed Hotel Bellerive and the city of Salo’. We look forward to welcoming you next time, maybe in summertime!

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Great hotel, pleasant efficient staff, good rooms, good beds, great ambience to the hotel. Good breakfast. Views from front are very good. Easy access to the promenade to walk to restaurants, drinks or to the town. Good Internet. Hired a boat to take us on a ride up the shore to see the sights from the water. Really enjoyed it. Stayed 3 nights.

Room Tip: Rooms on the lake side have the view. First floor have bigger balconies.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
H0TEL_BELLERIVE, Assistant General Manager at Hotel Bellerive, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Dear r m,
we are really happy that you and your wonderful family enjoyed our services and our House and that you had such a good time during your stay at the Hotel Bellerive.
We really hope to welcome you back in occasion of your next trip to Italy!

Otterfing, Germany
Reviewed October 21, 2012

We had spent some time staying with friends near Salo, so we knew how nice the town was. We found the hotel through Trip Advisor.

We love Italy and find the Italian people very friendly. However, the staff in this hotel put an extra effort in to make us feel welcome and relaxed. This started with the gentleman who helped us with our baggage and held an umbrella over us as we walked to the hotel in the rain and was true of every other member of staff. Every single one of them went that extra mile for us.

The hotel is ideally situated on the lake and has good parking facilities. The views of the lake are wonderful and it is just a short walk to the middle of Salo.

We thought that the food in the restaurant was excellent. The asparagus risotto was out of this world. We made a point of drinking local wines which we had not tried before and these were all very good. The service, as elsewhere in the hotel, was first-class, being attentive, unintrusive and very friendly.

We will definitely go again.

Room Tip: Worth paying extra for a lake view
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear DerSchotte,

thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed and nice review about the Hotel Bellerive. We are so happy that you appreciated our efforts in trying to satisfy your expectations .. and a little bit more.
Thank you also for the good words about our Restaurant 100km, we will forward them to our Chef and the restaurant Staff all.
We really look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Assistant General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salo
Salo' du Parc Hotel
#6 of 16 in Salo
Hotel Duomo Salo
Hotel Duomo Salo
#13 of 16 in Salo

Been to Hotel Bellerive? Share your experiences!