This is my first review on trip advisor. Despite the best of intentions I rarely get around to posting reviews online. However we had such a great holiday I felt compelled to finally get around to writing a review, even if its 8 months late in coming.
We stayed at Villa Très Jolie in June of 2012; it was our first holiday after our honeymoon to the Carribean (in January) so it had a lot to live up to. I was a little worried that being not long after our honeymoon that it would pale in comparison. In the end however, we had such a great time it ended up feeling like a second honeymoon.
Villa Très Jolie surpassed all expectations. From the time we arrived we were made to feel right at home. Dani brought us each a glass of Prosecco to drink on our balcony whilst we enjoyed the stunning lakeside scenery. We stayed in two different rooms during our weeks stay, and both rooms were lovely, spacious and had stunning views.
The Villa has a very natural, friendly and relaxed nature to it. Prior to booking I was a little worried that Trezzone might be a little out of the way, but it proved to be a great base for exploring the Lake. Each day we would drive somewhere nearby, and then jump on to one of the many boat services that zigzag the lake.
One of the surprises of our visit, was how knowledgeable and helpful Dani was; it was like having a personal residential guide to the lake. From finding the right places to visit, to eat, to park etc. We really felt like we got the most out of our week, and ended up seeing the best parts at the right times. On one particular day we headed down for breakfast to find we had photocopies of timetables and a map, with a highlighted route of where to go and where to park. Brilliant.
If you are looking for a great day out, apart from the obvious choices around the lake, then a journey on the Benina Express is highly recommended. I would never have thought of nipping across the border to Switzerland for a train journey but it was breath taking. It was surreal starting the journey in warm t-shirt weather, and then getting to the top of one of the mountains and seeing snow, ice and mountain top lakes. Pretty much every stop the train made I wanted to jump out and have an explore.
From all of the places we have visited, this is one of our favourites. It has got everything right, whilst staying perfectly relaxed and not trying too hard. Thanks to Dani and co for a great holiday, and a special shout out to the lovely dogs as well, Judi, Dido and Lorenzo :)
We cannot wait to go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury bed and breakfast above the sunny shores of lake Como, just 150 mts above the lake, hot tub Whirlpool bath, Sauna, Turkish bath, gym, free mountain bikes, info point, library, all bedrooms are ensuite and all have lake view! Private free car park, Breakfast on the terrace with spectacular lake view, and lovely olive grove. Theme weeks with walking and wine tasting. Gluten Free and Vegetarian guests are very welcome, we have plenty of nice things for you to try! Pets (well behaved) are welcome. Home cooking and a warm welcome await you from Dani, Giulio and the pets ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz and Travelocity so you can book your Villa Tres Jolie reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Tres Jolie Hotel Trezzone
- Villa Tres Jolie Lake Como/Trezzone, Italy