We rented this house over christmas and I have to say that it should not have been rented in winter. There were safety issues like a rudimentary tube coming out of a plastic container attached to the central heating boiler. No hot water in the kitchen, it meant we had to boil pans of water to wash up. We ran out of heating oil and had to buy our own. The house was freezing and took a few days to warm up using the fireplace too. Wood was provided but only for two days. In the kitchen there was a strong smell of gas and on the last day we ran out of gas and the owner did not bring us any as gas cylinders were used, not even a spare one. We had to throw away all the food expensive fish we hash bought for our last family dinner. We had to buy other food from outside and in the morning could not have breakfast. The house had no manual to explain where to leave the rubbish and switch on the electricity which went off when we used the oven or a hair dryer. When we arrived there was not even a match in the house or a lighter to light the gas, one tea towel.
It was lacking in the basic amenities and had safety issues. What a pity our holiday was spoilt by this.
|Overall condition of the property||Bedding & mattresses|
|Kitchen & utensils||Other facilities & amenities|