All reviews infinity pool shuttle bus sea view bay of naples sant agata gala dinner lovely hotel fresh orange juice pool attendant amazing views mount vesuvius half board local buses restaurant staff public transport reception staff evening meal
Reviewed August 29, 2013

We had a fantastic stay at this hotel, with a startling view from our room over the town of Sorento and the Bay of Naples. The personel was very friendly and helpful: when we enquired at the reception on the possibility to visit Capri, the young lady in charge pointed out the possibility to choose for an excursion rather than the normal ferries leaving from Sorento. This costed just a few euros extra, but turned out to be a great experience, including pickup at the hotel and a boat trip around the island with a guide pointing out all the points of interest. Much better value for money than the standard ferry option.

Room Tip: Pay a little extra for a room with a seaview.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
duegolfi, Proprietario at Grand Hotel Due Golfi, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2013

Dear Guest,
I was so glad to read that you enjoyed your holiday with us.
I was delighted that you enjoyed the view from your room you stayed in and the service my team provided you with.
I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

What a beautiful place for a holiday. The weather was excellent, warm but some breeze and not stiflingly hot but the best thing of all is the view from this hotel right across the bay of Naples to Vesuvius. The staff are friendly, polite and helpful. Great to have a small balcony and a swimming pool. Plenty of outdoor areas to sit and relax in. The free minibus service to Sorrento is great. We did not need a car as used this shuttle service and other local buses. (N.B.You can buy bus tickets from reception staff and need a ticket for paying bus before getting on. minibus service is free though. We did not eat dinner in hotel ( we preferred to eat out in st. Agatha or in Sorrento which made our meals cheaper) but breakfast was lovely with so much choice. We also loved the musical entertainment, Marcello on his guitar. lovely relaxed evenings listening to him, enjoying the spectacular views, some guests danced. The bar staff were very attentive and the drinks were reasonable. Beautifully cleaned rooms and marbled staircases. Also an efficient lift if required. An excellent holiday and would love to come back. We did not have a sea view but would love to next time! Thank you to all the staff who made our stay so comfortable.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
duegolfi, Proprietario at Grand Hotel Due Golfi, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your kind words following your recent stay with us.
I was so happy that we met your expectations and as I always do I have passed on your kind words to my team as I believe you can have the best facilities in the world but without the service to back this up it means nothing.
Many thanks,

Reviewed August 23, 2013

My husband and I stayed for one night at this hotel. A lovey hotel, with good outside areas to enjoy. If you pay extra for a room with views over Sorrento and the Bay of Naples you will not be disappointed as those views are just stunning.
Staff were pleasant and helpful. Room was fairly small but well furnished and clean. Breakfast provided a good selection. The only downside for us was the distance from Sorrento itself. The taxi from the station in Sorrento cost over 40 euros. The hotel, however, did provide a free shuttle service. However, we preferred to stay in Sorrento to be near to everything there and for ease of trips to the area in general.

Room Tip: Pay extra for a room with views of Sorrento and Bay of Naples.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank aldohappytourists
duegolfi, Proprietario at Grand Hotel Due Golfi, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Dear Madame,
Thank you for your kind feedback following your stay with us.
I was pleased to read that you found our service to be pleasant and friendly as this together with our attention to detail are the cornerstones of our service philosophy.
It surprised me that you didn’t enjoyed our location, as mostly of our guests find it perfect for trips into the area profiting of our complimentary shuttle service and for relax thanks to the quite of the village.
Thank you for your comment about the breakfast buffet. I certainly believe that everybody visiting Italy hope to have good food and we do receive many positive comments from our guests regarding the variety of choice offered on our breakfast and evening meal.
Kind regards and many thanks once again for your feedback.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

what a place staff helpfull rooms great but do get a sea view it was worth the extra money!!

food was good they did try and cater for my wife who is vegetarian.
the mini bus is ideal to get into town but there is a good walk that is worth doing brings you out in the main square.
would def recommend to any one to go !!!!!!!

Room Tip: book a sea view room !!!!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank stevenleggott

Dear Sir,
many thanks for taking the time to write your kind words following your recent stay with us at The Grand Hotel Due Golfi. I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and the service that we offer.
I have shared your feedback with my team.
Please do come back and see us soon.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

We went here to Sant'Agata to this hotel knowing that it was 8km from sorrento(its too far to walk and not safe as no paths) but was aware that the hotel has a free shuttle bus, but so do most of the hotel's in the area and also that there was a bus stop outside the hotel, but we only ever used the free hotel bus, we the hotel recommends you book your place in advance.

The hotel itself is nice, we only booked B&B as we like to eat some where different every night, we found breakfast disappointing, no breakfast tea, only scrambled eggs and one other hot option, but lots of other continental breakfast options, but on the day of departure the hotel gave us a packed breakfast as we were leaving early which is a nice touch.

The 2 best things about the hotel are the staff who are very helpful and nothing is too much trouble, especially the reception staff. And the view from your room if you have a sea view over the bay of Naples. The rooms are a bit small but with a decent size bathroom, which had a very good shower, the room also had a good air conditioning with a mini bar.

The room was cleaned every day but the cleaners start at 8.30am and can be noisy shouting at each other which is the Italian way, and woke us up most days, also the room doors shut themselves when you leave your room and are very loud when they shut.

The pool is only small but adequate and is of a good temperature, the hotel gives out free towels for use around the pool, and there are plenty of sunbeds around the pool and in the garden behind the hotel over looking sorrento, you just have to be up early to get the best ones. Sometimes we eat around the pool we had a simple menu but the food was nice.

Don't forget about the bedroom tax 1.50 euro per person, per night paid on departure, plus we used sorrento cars which can be found on trip advisor for transfers, which was the cheapest and gave a good service.

Overall this is a good hotel but feel some people reviewing this hotel may have got carried away, its a good hotel and i would recommend it, but its not the best, but i would go back again.

Room Tip: do get a sea view room its worth the money.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank eduardandkate

Dear Sir,
Firstly thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback following your stay with us.
I was glad to read that overall you enjoyed your stay, the view and that you found all the staff very helpful.
Having read your comments I would like to apologize for the issues you had with the cleaners, I have passed this on to my housekeeper team to follow up. I will be personally looking in to this.
I am desolated to know that you were dissatisfied with the variety of our breakfast buffet we want to offer the very highest standard of cuisine and we will value your comments in order to reach our goals.
I was happy to read that in general you liked the hotel, the service we provide and that you will recommend and come and stay with us again.
I really do hope that you will visit us again in the future.