All reviewsinfinity poolshuttle bussea viewbay of naplessant agatalovely hotelgala dinnerfresh orange juicepool attendantamazing viewshalf boardmount vesuviusrestaurant staffpublic transportreception staffevening meala wonderful holiday
Reviewed July 27, 2013

We stayed at Due Golfi between 19/26th July 2013 with 16 and 19 year old daughters. None of us wanted to come home. The staff are all so friendly and accommodating nothing was too much trouble.

The food was delicious. Breakfast was continental, cheese, cold meats ,breads pastries, fruit, yogurts, cereals, scrambled eggs and either sausages or bacon. The most delish freshly squeezed orange. Evening meal was 3 choices of starter, main and desert. It was all very well cooked and presented. Sometimes I tried things for the first time out of my usual comfort zone and I was never disappointed. The lovely thing about this hotel was if you wanted to forgo dinner they would make you lunch instead, they really couldn't do enough for us. The restaurant staff were all so efficient, professional and friendly and really made us feel special every day.

Our rooms while not cutting edge modern were immaculately cleaned . The shower was fantastic. We were glad for the air con and had a balcony. We did try to get the sea view rooms but these were booked however we were not left feeling like we missed out as the bar gives the most amazing views and we spent the money there instead. Deborah makes the most amazing cocktails and often there were happy hour promotions. The evenings were very chilled except when the legendary Marcello is performing an amazing Italian singalong we loved him!

The pool area is open 9-7, is simple and I loved it as there was none of that awful towels on sunbeds palava. It was very chilled and like the rest of the hotel spotless. You could get drinks and eat there.

You are situated above Sorrento and a courtesy bus is laid on which you need to book in advance. This starts at 8.30am and last one returns at 11.30pm. this will save you a fortune in cab fees.

St Agata is a 10 min walk away and there are some lovely restaurants. We went to Mimi's and Central bar. With more time we would of tried more. Unlike a lot of the hotels this one allows you to walk into a village easily some of the hotels are more remote.

We went with Thomas Cook who were amazing thanks to the reps who were so knowledgeable and good fun. If you can, go on their Cooking day it was fab. We all loved it.

At reception in the hotel there is an advert for a boat cruise to Amalfi and Postiano.the receptionists will book it for you. I recommend this. It was 39e each and I am so glad I got to see these beautiful places. Sorrento itself is lovely, bustling loads of lovely shops and restaurants. We visited Pompeii , it was HOT. We didn't get a guide. We should of!!! or at least an audio guide. Its very big and they do not put much information up near the sites. If you go on the train from Sorrento it costs 4.40e return and you stop right outside. Its about 11e to get in.

We all loved this holiday and wish we had booked 2 weeks as so much to see and do in this area. When we return it will be to the Due Golfi we absolutely recommend it.

Room Tip: Everyone says book a sea view room, and we tried but failed. However as we literally sleep and shower in our rooms this probably would have been a waste of money and you get the views form the restaurant and bar. If you like to spend time in your room though it would be a treat.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
duegolfi, Proprietario at Grand Hotel Due Golfi, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2013

Dear guest,
thank you for your glowing review of The Grand Hotel Due Golfi.
I am delighted that we met your expectations in so many ways and none of you wanted to leave us.
It was our pleasure to look after you during your stay, I am pleased to read that you will definitely return and recommend our hotel.
I have passed on your kind words to the team and we wait for welcoming you and your family again soon.
Kindest regards,

Reviewed July 24, 2013

chose this hotel because of the excellent reviews which proved to be correct . Booked a sea view room as suggested . the room was very clean and bed very comfortable . I agree with another review though that it would be good to have one other English talking tv channel apart from bbc world news All staff were friendly and helpful and food was fantastic. we did eat out at lunch times ( and one evening as you could swap dinner for lunch in the restaurant,) but nowhere compared to the quality food and service in the hotel There is a gala dinner on a Wednesday which is very good and also music and dancing .
. We used the mini bus service into Sorrento. St agata is only a 15 min walk but its rather nerve racking as there are no pavements and it is a busy road with "blind" bends.
We did two organised tours, one to capri and one to amalfi +positano. We also went back to amalfi and positano on the local bus,visiting ravello too. We did this from the bus stop outside the hotel, getting a 24hr bus ticket from reception which was the most economical way to do it and the journey along the amafi coast was amazing. Another tip is to do the return trip from amafi or positano by boat back to Sorrento Pompei was easily reached by train from sorrento. We were given a bottle of lemoncello on our last day and if the hotel staff are reading this thank you so much !

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lindsey c
duegolfi, Proprietario at Grand Hotel Due Golfi, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write your fantastic review of your experience at The Grand Hotel Due Golfi.
I am pleased we met your expectations.
I am delighted with your comments on the cleanliness of the rooms and of course the comfort of our beds; nothing is better than a great night’s sleep.
I am happy to hear that you loved the quality of the food as well as the Gala dinner.
It is a pleasure to know that you appreciated our farewell gift, it’s just a little souvenir.
Thank you for your kind words regarding the service you received throughout your stay, I will be sure to pass on your thanks to all the hotel’s staff.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Kind regards,

Reviewed July 21, 2013

We stayed here for 2 weeks in July and thought the hotel was always very clean and the staff always there to help with any questions. Our room seemed smaller than everyone elses but had a massive balcony with part sea view which was nice to sit out on in the morning. We was going to pay the €15 per night n have a sea view but when the lady on reception said we had part sea view anyway we thought we wouldnt bother. The views are amazing from the bar/resturant. St Agata is about 5 min walk away and has a few good coffee shops/bars/supermarkets there. Bar central is nice to sit in and watch all the men gather chatting away whilst having there coffees. We had a lovely pizza at Buenos Aires, doesn't look much from the outside as has plastic chairs but the owner is very friendly. The meals at the hotel were ok I'm very fussy though and found a
few times I had to eat something I didn't fancy, the puddings were always lovely though and the
lovely guy that brings them round always has a smile on his face bless him. We ate out a few
times in Sorrento just for a change. Breakfasts was always plenty to choose from too and the
chocolate Croissants were very nice. There was happy hour between 6-8 which was buy 1 get one free.
The pool at the weekend got very busy and the Italians just seemed to pop there sun beds
anywhere even in the walkway to the pool. I agree with other comments it could do with updating
but I believe they have plans to do this in the winter ( if I read correctly). I thought that maybe the pool attendant at quiet times could maybe come round and ask if people wants drinks as I think they would make a bit of profit from this instead of waiting for them to come to him, he's a lovely lad though and I'm sure he would be willing to do this. He always kept the pool clean and always helped with extra sun beds/parasols if needed. Only downfall I would say would be the beds in the rooms are not very comfortable and quiet hard, I suffer from a back was I was very stiff after
the 2 weeks(even my partner was had so if you suffer like I do make sure you got some tablets with you. Only other thing would be it would be nice to maybe have an English speaking movie channel on the tv, after being out in the sun/on a trip it's nice to chill for a couple of hours whilst having a shower before going back out for dinner. The only channels they had was BBC world news which just talked about Israel n Egypt and a stock exchange American channel, we even resorted to watching foreign channels just to watch something slightly normal. We did a trip with Thomson which was far better than our expectations, we did the boat trip to Amalfi and Positano. We was told the buses/trains get very busy and thought we would get to sea a better view of them by boat and believe me you did. Thinking it would just be a fishing boat we was wrong it was a lovely boat with cream leather n wood, they only take max 12 people so was not busy and you get a chance to top up your tan whilst sailing away taking in all the views. We had about 2 hours in each town, Positano was our favourite. The trip was €90 pp but well worth being on a boat for a day with food and unlimited drinks and pretending you have won the lottery for the day. We also did Capri day and night which was also brilliant, you arrive about 4ish in Capri then have a boat trip of the island, this is good as gets very busy in the day and is slightly quieter by the time you get there. You have a choice of exploring on your own or having a guided tour. We sailed back at about 1030 when you see both Capri and Sorrento by night which is wonderful and quiet Romantic. We loved Sorrento and looking forward to coming back sometime in the future.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Martins555

Dear Madame,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent experience at The Grand Hotel Due Golfi.
I am pleased to hear that you found the staff available to help you with any questions throughout your stay as every single member of the staff does his best to satisfy each and every guest. Your words are a big motivation for all of them.
I am delighted to hear that you found a vast variety of food on our breakfast buffet; there is no better way to begin the day than with a great hearty breakfast.
It gives me great pleasure to read that you found the hotel always very clean and that you enjoyed the view from the bar and restaurant.
About the swimming pool, we are waiting for permits allowing us to build a new pool on the sea side, as we recognize that the one we have does not meet the same quality standards as of our hotel. We hope to be able to build a new pool this coming winter.
Thank you for expressing your opinion about our beds and the choice of tv channel. I am always grateful for all feedback as it is a chance for us to monitor and improve our standards for future guests.
We hope to welcome you for your next visit of the Sorrento coast.
Best Regards,

Reviewed July 19, 2013

This is our second time staying at the grand hotel due golfi and it has once again been a lovely experience. Very friendly staff, lovely food, perfect location. We prefer sant agata to sorrento - it's more authentic and there are less tourists but still very easy to get to all the places you may want to visit. Rooms are spacious and comfortable. The pool is small but fine, nice gardens and a stunning view of the bay around the front of the hotel. We will be back!

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank robinbob
duegolfi, Proprietario at Grand Hotel Due Golfi, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay at The Grand Hotel Due Golfi.
I am pleased that you chose to join us again as you found us to be in the perfect location.
We pride ourselves in always using fresh ingredients and I am glad you love our food.
Thank you for your kind words regarding our friendly staff, I will share your review with all the team here.
We look forward to welcoming you back.
Kind regards,

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Our time at the hotel has been excellent. The food has been great and the views over the Bay of Naples Bay are truly breathtaking. Make sure you book a sea view room they are well worth the extra cost!

The staff and facilities at the hotel have been 1st class. We stayed half board and the staff are very friendly and informative, adding to a great holiday experience!

There is a free shuttle bus that runs to and from Sorrento, plus a Sita local bus service nearby, taking you directly along the Amalfi Coast!

I would recommend this hotel to any of our family and friends!

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank worldseeers
duegolfi, Proprietario at Grand Hotel Due Golfi, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

Dear guest,
Thank you for your lovely comments on The Grand Hotel Due Golfi.
I’m delighted to read that you had a great holiday experience enjoying our food and our services.
The goal of the hotel’s staff, the ones on the front line and the staff that’s behind the scene, is to meet all of our guests expectations and to know that you will recommend this hotel to all of your family and friends is just fantastic!
We hope to see you back again soon